Cut Fender Thread

chipper

Finally got around to chopping my fenders. Thanks for the write up Eddie, definitely helped. I also added a small LED. Changed the entire look of the jeep. I love it. Wish I did it sooner. Still have to paint the wheel wells
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456696253.507339.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456696299.859042.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456696319.580061.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456696337.315703.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456696351.251160.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456696368.206078.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456696428.728774.jpg

n3tfury

Finally got around to chopping my fenders. Thanks for the write up Eddie, definitely helped. I also added a small LED. Changed the entire look of the jeep. I love it. Wish I did it sooner. Still have to paint the wheel wells

You did a great job on those! :clap2:

JKbrick

Chipper,
Looks great, same color as Brick, where did you get the black vertical stripe? I like it

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm about to chop my fenders and am looking for info on the best tool to use for the cuts. In Eddies write up he did a GREAT job with a dremmel, but I have also seen some fenders come out awesome with just knives. I would like to know what tools everyone used and "if I could do it again, I would have used..." so I can make sure to do it right the first time. Thanks guys!

Napalm

I'm about to chop my fenders and am looking for info on the best tool to use for the cuts. In Eddies write up he did a GREAT job with a dremmel, but I have also seen some fenders come out awesome with just knives. I would like to know what tools everyone used and "if I could do it again, I would have used..." so I can make sure to do it right the first time. Thanks guys!

I used a small Dremel with a cut off wheel and it worked okay. A few issues here and there just not paying attention but thankfully you can cover the edges with door trim like in the write up.

Good luck!

And remember, if you don't like your cuts, spare sets go pretty cheap on Craigslist :)

Exodus 4x4

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-...gclid=CMS42cm2rMsCFYU2aQodiL8CwQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I used this thing the other night with the blade pictured and it worked really well. You'll need a few extra blades though. I finished off the substructure with a Sawzall.

chipper

I just did mine. Used a air jigsaw. Was really a great tool to use. But our compressor messed up. So switched to a regular jigsaw just as good

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I used a small Dremel with a cut off wheel and it worked okay. A few issues here and there just not paying attention but thankfully you can cover the edges with door trim like in the write up.

Good luck!

And remember, if you don't like your cuts, spare sets go pretty cheap on Craigslist :)

I have a dremmel, and I bought cutoff wheels for it a few months back as the game plan. But I am really hoping to not need the fender trim...

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-...gclid=CMS42cm2rMsCFYU2aQodiL8CwQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I used this thing the other night with the blade pictured and it worked really well. You'll need a few extra blades though. I finished off the substructure with a Sawzall.

Nice, but I don't want to spend money on a tool for one job. Wish you lived closer so I could just barrow it for an afternoon... lol

I just did mine. Used a air jigsaw. Was really a great tool to use. But our compressor messed up. So switched to a regular jigsaw just as good

I wouldn't have guessed a jigsaw. I have an old OLD electric one my dad gave me. It still works, but is atleast 30 years old, and makes a terrible screaming noise when you turn it on... might have to bust that out and give it a shot...

Exodus 4x4

Nice, but I don't want to spend money on a tool for one job. Wish you lived closer so I could just barrow it for an afternoon...

I'm thinking you put 37s, right?

I went and wheeled mine yesterday and I can tell you for sure you'll need to trim them. I also ended up pulling my rear tires off on the trail and with a BFH, "massaging" the shit out of the forward facing pinch seem. I can take a picture later if you need a reference.

Benito

Caught the Bug

I went to my dads house when I was going to cut mine, I told him my plan, jig saw, he said circular saw with a 40t blade. He is a carpenter, I said ok, I marked them and we cut all four in about 10min, and finished them up the edges with sand paper. (These were fenders I got from someone else and were off of the jeep)

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm thinking you put 37s, right?

I went and wheeled mine yesterday and I can tell you for sure you'll need to trim them. I also ended up pulling my rear tires off on the trail and with a BFH, "massaging" the shit out of the forward facing pinch seem. I can take a picture later if you need a reference.

Here's the jeep with the sliders still installed. It looks to me any rear flex will rub the slider, so I took them off without giving them a chance to actually rub...

Attachments

• 1457294232607.jpg
    1457294232607.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 377

Exodus 4x4

Here's the jeep with the sliders still installed. It looks to me any rear flex will rub the slider, so I took them off without giving them a chance to actually rub...

Looks the same as the stock rubi rails. What kind of sliders are you going to get? I'm sure it's between the EVO and LOD.

Top Bottom