Currie Currectlync Tie Rod Ends

BaddestCross

I think they both apply brakes. Not really sure how it all works. But I know SB will kick off your cruise control and apply brakes. And scare the shit out of you.:eek: You can turn that off by holding button for 7 seconds. I think TC brakes the spinning wheel.
I know I can turn it off. I'd rather figure out what's causing it to trigger, though.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jdofmemi

I hope you get it figured out.

Mine had one bad speed sensor, and one bad wiring connection. I need to add both to my small but growing list of spare parts.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Gotcha. The only light that comes on is the traction control. The EAS/BAS and ABS lights do not come on.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Yea thinking about it some more I'm not sure there is a dash light for stability control.( I was wrong it will flash) I just read this>The most common problem with ABS and traction control systems is simply dirty or blocked sensors. Another problem could be a faulty clockspring sensor. Hope you get it figured out before the run.

Edit: Little more info was added.

Last edited:

RageKage

I know when I drive to work on a certain road there are a lot of sudden up and downs in the roads. Not potholes but low spots and if I hit them at a good enough speed it will kick my TC light on and apply the brakes. I assume that from the sudden up and down movement and at that rate of speed the jeep thinks I’m skidding or have lost traction to one of the wheels. I have no clue why it happens but it’s more annoying than it is problematic. Having cleaned and torqued everything numerous times I know nothing is wrong so I can only assume the computer thinks I’m skidding from the sudden movements

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
I was having this issue and it turned out to be a bad rear wheel sensor. Mine happened during sweeping left turns. You only need to replace one at a time to see if that's whats causing the traction control to kick in. They're fairly easy to change in the rear and fairly inexpensive.

^^^ Most likely this, happened to me as well a few weeks back, my right front abs sensor was trashed

Top Bottom