Currie anti rock with Evo double throwdown

Gecko13

I have the Evo double throwdown and Currie anti rock front and rear, the suspension came installed on the Jeep when I bought it. I really like how stable the Jeep feels with the anti rock sway bars but I know they are limiting down travel. I disconnected the rear and cycled the suspension and got almost 4” additional travel. Is there a better sway bar to go with that doesn’t limit travel or do I need any at all? Anyone running this setup with no sway bars front or rear?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Evo double throwdown and Currie anti rock front and rear, the suspension came installed on the Jeep when I bought it. I really like how stable the Jeep feels with the anti rock sway bars but I know they are limiting down travel. I disconnected the rear and cycled the suspension and got almost 4” additional travel. Is there a better sway bar to go with that doesn’t limit travel or do I need any at all? Anyone running this setup with no sway bars front or rear?
You do NOT want to be running without any sway bars. While it can be done, your Jeep will be extremely unstable in an emergency maneuver. As OverlanderJK stated, factory is BEST. The rear sway bar will NOT limit your travel and the front will give you the best stability on road. Disconnect it for the trail and nothing will be limiting your travel and I should note, it's up travel as well that being limited on your current setup.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I daily drove for 3 months without a front sway bars and I could hardly tell the difference. Maybe if you ran the moose test you would see a difference but lets face it your failing the moose test either way.

Gecko13

You do NOT want to be running without any sway bars. While it can be done, your Jeep will be extremely unstable in an emergency maneuver. As OverlanderJK stated, factory is BEST. The rear sway bar will NOT limit your travel and the front will give you the best stability on road. Disconnect it for the trail and nothing will be limiting your travel and I should note, it's up travel as well that being limited on your current setup.
It’s mainly a trail Jeep, will it be unstable on the trail while doing technical climbs and off caber areas?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s mainly a trail Jeep, will it be unstable on the trail while doing technical climbs and off caber areas?
Where you’ll really feel it is on off camber situations. You really WANT the factory rear swaybar on. It’ll add stability and WITHOUT limiting flex.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got it, front and rear or just front?
The factory front sway bar is really big and provides a lot of resistance for optimal handling. This is why it's disconnected for the trail - to allow your front axle to have maximum articulation. The rear is very small and offers just enough resistance to provide stability and so I would highly recommend that you leave it on. As mentioned, it will NOT limit flex and will help out on the trail.

Here's a shot of Moby with his EVO Lever flexed out. Please note that he's running a factory rear sway bar and take notice that his limiting strap is taught.

20190810120111-cba8baff-me.jpg

Gecko13

The factory front sway bar is really big and provides a lot of resistance for optimal handling. This is why it's disconnected for the trail - to allow your front axle to have maximum articulation. The rear is very small and offers just enough resistance to provide stability and so I would highly recommend that you leave it on. As mentioned, it will NOT limit flex and will help out on the trail.

Here's a shot of Moby with his EVO Lever flexed out. Please note that he's running a factory rear sway bar and take notice that his limiting strap is taught.

20190810120111-cba8baff-me.jpg
Ok thanks, I’ll be on the look out for a factory set.

Zilla

Currie vs the OEM Rubicon sway bar with the evo quick disconnect. limits me almost 6 inches.
I want to install the OEM back, but the Currie has the benefit of not swaying like a boat on the trails.
as well is its visually appealing compared to the OEM sway bar.

2011jk

You must not have it setup correctly no way a Currie will limit flex.
I have 17"+- of pure droop and mine doesn't affect anything, its a 1'' antirock rear.

dyn0mitemat

Currie vs the OEM Rubicon sway bar with the evo quick disconnect. limits me almost 6 inches.
I want to install the OEM back, but the Currie has the benefit of not swaying like a boat on the trails.
as well is its visually appealing compared to the OEM sway bar.
Id be looking to adjust the secondary nuts if it’s swaying enough to worry you on the trails.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I understand that just saying if mine with 17" of droup which is more? than the Evo likely has doesn't have any issues flexing its likely a adjustment issue.
LOL - Not sure if you're measuring from your asshole or what but the REASON why EVO is only 14" is because anything more and your driveline binds. THIS is the reason why I have limiting straps and up front, I still have bind. But hey, what would I know.

AND AGAIN, you understand nothing. "droop" is NOT the same thing as "flex". Your sway bar RESISTS articulation and the Antirock IS stiff enough to limit flex. This is something I have personally seen when doing a 100% apples to apples test.

Gecko13

LOL - Not sure if you're measuring from your asshole or what but the REASON why EVO is only 14" is because anything more and your driveline binds. THIS is the reason why I have limiting straps and up front, I still have bind. But hey, what would I know.

AND AGAIN, you understand nothing. "droop" is NOT the same thing as "flex". Your sway bar RESISTS articulation and the Antirock IS stiff enough to limit flex. This is something I have personally seen when doing a 100% apples to apples test.
Do you think I need sway bars at all for mainly off-road use? I usually trailer it everywhere I go

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think I need sway bars at all for mainly off-road use? I usually trailer it everywhere I go
Depends. If all you do is rock crawl, you can probably get away without having a front. I personally always recommend that you keep the factory rear as it's soft enough to NOT limit your flex but offers enough resistance to provide stability. I personally feel that you should always have one sway bar, front or rear, as that will help the opposite end flex better. I should note, if you get into real technical wheeling, there are times having your factory front sway bar connected can be a benefit.

With that said, if you do any hard and fast driving across the desert, I would HIGHLY recommend that you keep your factory front sway bar on as it will provide well needed stability in the turns and in hard maneuvering.

2011jk

To clarify..my rear has the Currie and doesn't limit flex at all.
My front uses a TK1 Racing sway bar has 15+" droop without binding as its got a clearanced 1410CV , I have no issues with the TX1 limiting flex.

Biggest issue is binding of the tierods.. big Currie system. They are whats limiting my front flex.
Have to build a new one using some EMF joints that can handle the angles better.

I understand the differences between droop and flex ..should stated my points better which pointed out.

Still say if his bar is setup correctly it will not limit his flex.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Just curious and asking a question, and I have an antirock. Where did you lose the 2" of droop from the earlier post and the bigger question is why would a sway bar limit droop in the first place? Or are you talking about flex?

Also you should update what you have in your profile. Says you have 1350 DS in there.

Top Bottom