Crawl Control

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
We've heard manufacturers claim "all new" when a grille was all that's changed. The crawl control feature on the "all new" 2016 Taco caught my eye. Granted they stick the Taco on a sand hill and work out by backing down. Supposedly the control builds up sand under the tires and presto you're unstuck. It appears to be some form of limited slip and not necessarily driver controlled. Interesting.:thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vizNbJY_F3U

jeeeep

Hooked
pulling itself out going forward would have been impressive, doing it sunk to the axles in the flat would have been impressive - backing downhill not so much.

With everything getting automated does the movie Idiocracy come to mind? :crazyeyes:

C_short15

This really does work. As much as I'm a jeep guy, this is impressive. My father owns a 2015 4runner trd pro, and he buried it at the top of a sand dune, crawl control pulled him up over the dune.

JeepJeep75

I'm confused. What exactly is the purpose of this feature? It's called crawl control, right? What does it do for crawling? It looks like it should be called "Get dummy out of hole". What does the video have to do with crawling??? Who crawls in sand anyways??? :idontknow::rolleyes:

Galo

Hey there.

Ive been in this position a few times, never in a Taco, thank God, however, I never considered myself stuck ~ not even close.
I would be almost interested in how the crawl control works, or what it is, etc.
I say "almost interested" because I know I could google it and find more info about it, but that would mean not spending time here at Wayalife. And that would sad and a waste of time.
:silly.

Good Day and God Bless.

G.

Last edited:

LeighP

FJ Cruiser will do the same thing...has the same system. Its similar to the BLD system but also has an auto throttle/speed control system.....you can actually step out of the vehicle and walk next to it while it crawls.
I haven't got a problem with Jeep's BLD version....it works pretty well, I've found. :clap2:

Top Bottom