Cozdude's build of Knuckles

So started my next class at school. It's steering a suspension. Today I got the learn how to use the alignment rack so I threw knuckles up there. My toe was WAAAYYYYY out of spec. I was toed out to far so I got it back to spec and straightened my steering wheel.

Also got in a debate with my teacher about my caster lol. It's currently at 6.5*. Told him I'm going to bring it back in next week and bring it back to factory. He told me I should leave it where it is as it better for lifted vehicles. Long story short we ended up in a draw as he said he would explain his reasoning when we hit that part in class. Plus I just wanted to learn how to use the machine lol

So started my next class at school. It's steering a suspension. Today I got the learn how to use the alignment rack so I threw knuckles up there. My toe was WAAAYYYYY out of spec. I was toed out to far so I got it back to spec and straightened my steering wheel.

Also got in a debate with my teacher about my caster lol. It's currently at 6.5*. Told him I'm going to bring it back in next week and bring it back to factory. He told me I should leave it where it is as it better for lifted vehicles. Long story short we ended up in a draw as he said he would explain his reasoning when we hit that part in class. Plus I just wanted to learn how to use the machine lol

That's pretty sweet you're learning how to do that stuff. Does your PR44 have any caster correction built into it?

That's pretty sweet you're learning how to do that stuff. Does your PR44 have any caster correction built into it?

No it doesn't. At the time I had it built I wasn't sitting high enough that Dynatrac as well as ore didn't think I needed any built into it.

Lol. I don't think 6 is that bad. Either way, have fun with the machine and the class. Glad you're doing this, well worth your time and money.

Lol. I don't think 6 is that bad. Either way, have fun with the machine and the class. Glad you're doing this, well worth your time and money.

It really isn't that bad but I would still like it to be closer to stock. My jeep handled and rode it's best when it was closer to the stock spec

No it doesn't. At the time I had it built I wasn't sitting high enough that Dynatrac as well as ore didn't think I needed any built into it.

I'm sure I'll go over this with Dynatrac when I get mine, but I was a little confused on the caster thing myself regarding how they built the axle. I'm at 4 inches on my rig (probably more like 3.5 now with all the weight and time/miles). How did Dynatrac explain that to you? I looked on their FAQs but still didn't fully understand it I guess.

I'm sure I'll go over this with Dynatrac when I get mine, but I was a little confused on the caster thing myself regarding how they built the axle. I'm at 4 inches on my rig (probably more like 3.5 now with all the weight and time/miles). How did Dynatrac explain that to you? I looked on their FAQs but still didn't fully understand it I guess.
I honestly forget the convo as it's been so long since I talked with them about it. I think if I remember correctly it was more or less that I was in a grey area of where I could get it or not. I just choose not to with how low I was sitting and already having adjustable arms
Oh ok cool, good to know. I never knew there was a certain threshold that made it necessary.
As I said to WJCO I really don't remember the convo but it was more or less my choice due to my lift height

Missed the part that you were in school, are you going to learn how to set up gears? I've thought about taking a class for gears but not sure if anything local is available

Suspension and steering class is a great class. Alot to learn. I bet u feel more knowledgeable already.
So great so far! Never knew there was so much info on the sidewall of a tire lol!
Missed the part that you were in school, are you going to learn how to set up gears? I've thought about taking a class for gears but not sure if anything local is available
Yup sure will!

Best part about going to school is that we work on our vehicles and other students cars to get super hands on. Well to day in steering and suspension I adjusted knuckles ride height again but this time on the lift lol.

Here is how he sat before at home
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467396161.878786.jpg.
And here he is today.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467396175.565038.jpg.
I took another 1/2" of preload out of the front and rear so I'm at 1/2" up front and 1" in the rear. Also properly adjusted my timing rings which they were not before.

thanks again to drew at ore for letting me know how they set up coilovers on the 2 door builds to get as low as possible and making sure I have my timing rings set right.

Top Bottom