Consumer Report's/J.D. Powers Rates Jeep

Dwg

Interesting... Found this on the web.

I see this as a huge compliment.

Shows CRs and J.D. Powers has no idea what the hell they are talking about. They must be comparing a Jeep with the lazy mans luxury car.
---------
Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited
Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance and reliability from J.D. Power.
---------

LOL!! Yeah, been seeing reports like this for years and it always gives me a good laugh to see these guys scratching their heads as to how something as god awful as a Jeep can have such a high resale value :crazyeyes:

Shows CRs and J.D. Powers has no idea what the hell they are talking about. They must be comparing a Jeep with the lazy mans luxury car.
---------
Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance and reliability from J.D. Power.
---------

Hey JD Powers: Get back to your lovely "tree-hugging, Toyota Prius, Forbes-approved, sit behind the oak desk, perfect white man's" executive job with your glass of scotch and your own little self-created bubble while we're out enjoying the outdoors with our 'low-scoring, erratic riding, wind-noise infested, uncomfortable' vehicles and living life. :beer:

---------
---------

Sooooo corporate sounding. :sleepy sigh:

Like everyone else I think that this is silly. it ranks the same as the plummeting but now increasing value/price of a lightly modified XJ, those things are really great jeeps (but I do love my JK way more now having it for a little while). The JK is almost the rare investment in the automotive world, one of the very few left body on frame and with a solid running gear. I don't plan on getting rid of mine, ever. Value be damned!

How can they quantify "value" without taking into consideration resale and depreciation. Hell, based on the resale amount alone, Wranglers should be in the top three most "valuable" vehicles currently in production. Want to talk shitty "value", ask me about my wife's BMW 528 xdrive. :crazy eyes: That thing depreciated faster than it drives, and the cost of repairing anything on it is downright brutal.

How can they quantify "value" without taking into consideration resale and depreciation. Hell, based on the resale amount alone, Wranglers should be in the top three most "valuable" vehicles currently in production. Want to talk shitty "value", ask me about my wife's BMW 528 xdrive. :crazy eyes: That thing depreciated faster than it drives, and the cost of repairing anything on it is downright brutal.

Tell me about it. We traded in the 325i for a Maxima and was burned. Maxima has been great compared to the BMW. Wife's next vehicle will be a diesel Grand Cherokee.

Top Bottom