Conflicting info from wayalife vendors regarding dynatrac prorock 44.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
This is just my opinion, but I think the RCV sponsor stickers keep them quiet. :crazyeyes:

That may be the truth though. Lol.

I'd rather save a little money and just get axle shafts and u joints with full circle clips. Let that be the fuse that hopefully breaks before screwing up something internal to the diff.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If there were so many issues with the 35 spline shafts and the seal why would dynatrac sell it?

Maybe call dynatrac to get the real answer. Certain companies will just push what they have in stock or what they make the most money on.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

I'd rather save a little money and just get axle shafts and u joints with full circle clips. Let that be the fuse that hopefully breaks before screwing up something internal to the diff.

FWIW, when I talked with Dynatrac, they highly recommended the RCVs. Additionally, they stated that they have only heard of ONE R&P break in a front D44. I think the theory of a u-joint being the fuse is a good one, however, in practice, there just have not been any breaks to substantiate it.

If there were so many issues with the 35 spline shafts and the seal why would dynatrac sell it?

Maybe call dynatrac to get the real answer. Certain companies will just push what they have in stock or what they make the most money on.

Like Overlander said I would call. I've had an "issue" with a Dynatrac axle but I don't blame them. This was a full circle clips, chromoly, 35 spline, full float shaft. It's not horrible but it twisted. Anything can happen.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441221789.629154.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I'm one data point but I've been running my pr44 with 35 spline shafts ordered from drew for about a year and a half and have no issues. I dd mine and get all kinds of road salt, mud etc in the tubes and the seals have been fine. The shafts are rusted to sh*t but they aren't leaking lol

Top Bottom