Commando 44 in a TJ

NavyJeeper

So I have been on the lookout for a rear axle in order to upgrade tires and wheels. A friend from the local area has a commando 44 chrome axles, Detroit locker, warn hubs, and 4.88 gears. Not only that I can get it or
Next to nothing, and it's in great shape! It's exactly what I'm lookin for! The welding and brackets is something I can do myself to throw underneath the jeep but my concern is the width. Doing some research it seems like the commando 44 was built like the CJ axle which is shorter then the TJ 44. Can anyone confirm this for me? Give me some solid info on weather or not this is a worth while purchase. What I was lookin t was the width of a TJ axle is 60 inches wms to wms and the commando 44 is 59.5. Thanks all

ob_tj

I don't know anything about the commando 44 but I can tell you there is a Ford 8.8 right now online for fairly cheap. If you are looking to go that route.

NavyJeeper

I saw that. Are you talking about the one up in Stockton for 150? I'm looking at that one to, but this 44 is built up really nice and I can get it for a little more then that 8.8 on Craigslist that's why I wanna get some clarification if it's a worth while purchase

ob_tj

I saw that. Are you talking about the one up in Stockton for 150? I'm looking at that one to, but this 44 is built up really nice and I can get it for a little more then that 8.8 on Craigslist that's why I wanna get some clarification if it's a worth while purchase

The one I am talking about is down in Bakersfield. And the guy wants 125 for it. I would jump on it but I just had to send my jeep in the shop today for a new transmission. And that is putting a $1500 hole in my pocket.

NavyJeeper

The one I am talking about is down in Bakersfield. And the guy wants 125 for it. I would jump on it but I just had to send my jeep in the shop today for a new transmission. And that is putting a $1500 hole in my pocket.

Ooooooo really?! Where did you see that on Craigslist? Gettin that axle with the artec truss brackets could be an awesome deal!

ob_tj

Shoot ok you got contact info for the guy. New trans?! That sucks what happened?

Yeah I'll pm you his contact info. and yup new trans. The torque converter let go on my way to fresno and that caused my trans to overheat and now it is toast. It's in limp mode and everything.

Top Bottom