Colorado Springs to Puyallup, WA

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I have been quiet for a while on the forum as big things are getting ready to happen. Last month I accepted a position in Puyallup, WA (just South of Seattle) as COO of a company. This Saturday will begin the transition to the Pacific Northwest. When I was younger I could simply toss everything I owned in back of a pickup and boogie down the road. However, with a house full of stuff (and crap) it is going to take a while to move. So this Saturday the Jeep will be the first vehicle (out of six) to be driven up. Every other weekend I will be flying back to Colorado Springs to move a little bit of the shop and a vehicle. I hope to have the move completed sometime in April after the kids finish up with some of their stuff.

If you see me going down the road, I-25 to I-80 and then to I-84 to Portland and up I-5, be sure to wave.

And a footnote, thank you to all of you that PM'd me wishing me a happy birthday. It was appreciated!

I have been quiet for a while on the forum as big things are getting ready to happen. Last month I accepted a position in Puyallup, WA (just South of Seattle) as COO of a company. This Saturday will begin the transition to the Pacific Northwest. When I was younger I could simply toss everything I owned in back of a pickup and boogie down the road. However, with a house full of stuff (and crap) it is going to take a while to move. So this Saturday the Jeep will be the first vehicle (out of six) to be driven up. Every other weekend I will be flying back to Colorado Springs to move a little bit of the shop and a vehicle. I hope to have the move completed sometime in April after the kids finish up with some of their stuff.

If you see me going down the road, I-25 to I-80 and then to I-84 to Portland and up I-5, be sure to wave.

And a footnote, thank you to all of you that PM'd me wishing me a happy birthday. It was appreciated!

Well, welcome to the Pacific NorthWET! Pull up puts you pretty close to Evans Creek, the Elbe Hills and a few other pretty nice wheelin' spots. The wife and kids and I haven talked about moving to AZ at some point...and I'm absolutely dreading moving 5 Jeeps, a truck, camper, dogs, chickens, rabbits and 20 years of accumulated crap down there!

You should post an evolutionary play by play of your efforts! Maybe then I'll be able to convince my wife that rain and the color gray isn't such a bad thing!

Good luck with the move and congrats on the new job!

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Well, welcome to the Pacific NorthWET! Pull up puts you pretty close to Evans Creek, the Elbe Hills and a few other pretty nice wheelin' spots. The wife and kids and I haven talked about moving to AZ at some point...and I'm absolutely dreading moving 5 Jeeps, a truck, camper, dogs, chickens, rabbits and 20 years of accumulated crap down there!

You should post an evolutionary play by play of your efforts! Maybe then I'll be able to convince my wife that rain and the color gray isn't such a bad thing!

Good luck with the move and congrats on the new job!

LOL.... I am driving my Jeep up this weekend. In two weeks she is driving the Civic up. Each week we drive a vehicle up. Then at the end I will load the gooseneck up (should be in by then) with the shop and two more vehicles and drag that up there. Next will be moving a house full of crap (garage=stuff - house=crap). We are planning on doing this over 6 weeks. My job starts Monday and my wife's in Mid April. She is not a happy camper about having to wait to move either. However, I will be able to house hunt for us when I get there. I'm looking forward to wheeling up there again. The last time was Maple Valley Days in 1985 with I won the mud bog. My how times have changed.

mytoys0006.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey Brian. Congrats on the new gig! I love that area of the country. I'd move back to the PNW in a heartbeat.

Good luck with the move and happy birthday. :D

Top Bottom