Coilovers

Video idea for Eddie. Get a Rubicon and jeep with anti rock and do a comparison. Connected vs electric disconnect vs fully disconnectd vs anti rocks.

LOL - you buying? Sounds like a great idea and all but it's not every day that you can find a pair of JK's built up the same except for the sway bar system they have. I mean, that really is the ONLY way to do an apples to apples comparison. There's only been one time that I personally have been able to do that and it was SEMA 2015. Moby and one other JK built exactly the same except for the fact that Moby was running a factory rear sway bar and disconnected e-disco and the other had Antirocks. As you can see in the photo below, Moby is flexed out on a very tall stand and the other white JK is not.

main.php

main.php

BOTH were supposed to be up on stands and facing out on either end of the display. Moby went up without any issues and the other Jeep... well, I was able to get it on top of the stand but not without giving everyone a near heart attack. Once up, one tire was lifting off the ground and it was super light. We carefully brought it back down on all four and just left it there.

Now, fast forward to about 8:33 on the video below...

I know it's not the exact same thing being that I wasn't driving all the JK's and on the exact same line but ALL were built about the same and all had to go through the same obstacle. As you will see, Moby makes it without any issues but a few got really close to hitting their hard top windows and one even broke theirs. Every single one of the JK's that had a much harder time were running Antirocks. How do I know? I was there and saw it with my own eyes - I don't need to make this shit up.

That's all I have. You can take my word for it or you can think I'm full of it. I really couldn't care less. I will say one thing, if the Antirock were as awesome as the fanboys out there claim it is, I'd be running one, guaranteed. :yup:

Maybe Brute will chime in here. I believe he just went back to stock bars from the Anti Rocks.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I've had front Anti Rocks on two different jeeps...I removed them both...and the articulation is definitely far better than before...not to mention snapping a retaining bolt coming down the Chute on Flat Iron Mesa last year...I removed that Anti Rock on the trail, and my JK6 handled the rocks much easier keeping my tires in contact

LOL - you buying? Sounds like a great idea and all but it's not every day that you can find a pair of JK's built up the same except for the sway bar system they have. I mean, that really is the ONLY way to do an apples to apples comparison. There's only been one time that I personally have been able to do that and it was SEMA 2015. Moby and one other JK built exactly the same except for the fact that Moby was running a factory rear sway bar and disconnected e-disco and the other had Antirocks. As you can see in the photo below, Moby is flexed out on a very tall stand and the other white JK is not.

main.php

main.php

BOTH were supposed to be up on stands and facing out on either end of the display. Moby went up without any issues and the other Jeep... well, I was able to get it on top of the stand but not without giving everyone a near heart attack. Once up, one tire was lifting off the ground and it was super light. We carefully brought it back down on all four and just left it there.

I know it's not the exact same thing being that I wasn't driving all the JK's and on the exact same line but ALL were built about the same and all had to go through the same obstacle. As you will see, Moby makes it without any issues but a few got really close to hitting their hard top windows and one even broke theirs. Every single one of the JK's that had a much harder time were running Antirocks. How do I know? I was there and saw it with my own eyes - I don't need to make this shit up.

That's all I have. You can take my word for it or you can think I'm full of it. I really couldn't care less. I will say one thing, if the Antirock were as awesome as the fanboys out there claim it is, I'd be running one, guaranteed. :yup:

Great info and great video as always. I completely understand what your saying Eddie and can see how that would be difficult. I bet it would be a task and a task that I would love to help out if we could make this happen. I would think there are a few of us on here who have very similar builds and or the resources to bring this to life that live within a few hours of each other. Is there a place near SoCal / Vegas that we could get a few members to meet up and do a real apple to apples comparison? Would be fun if we could.

Couldn’t one with anti rocks test on a ramp, pull the front anti rock links, and try again to determine the difference?

Or would having the rear antirock still be to much of a variable?

I've watched that video several times...and always enjoyed the footage of Resq1 (not sure why)...

Did Mel build that from a JKU, or did it start as a Brute?

main.php

main.php

Great info and examples. I Wasn’t aware of this.

Eddie, just so I am clear... you run disconnected front when off-road with factory rear connected?

If one were to run were to run this same config with Currie rear connected and front disconnected, it is your opinion that the result would still be different than running stock rear?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great info and great video as always. I completely understand what your saying Eddie and can see how that would be difficult. I bet it would be a task and a task that I would love to help out if we could make this happen. I would think there are a few of us on here who have very similar builds and or the resources to bring this to life that live within a few hours of each other. Is there a place near SoCal / Vegas that we could get a few members to meet up and do a real apple to apples comparison? Would be fun if we could.

LOL - Being that my word regarding what I've seen and the examples I posted don't seem to be enough for you - you should do it. :thumb:

Couldn’t one with anti rocks test on a ramp, pull the front anti rock links, and try again to determine the difference?

Or would having the rear antirock still be to much of a variable?

Running a rear antirock will offer way more resistance than a factory sway bar and you will see it's effects. There was at least 2 JK's on the JKX who was just running a rear Antirock and I was not impressed.

I've watched that video several times...and always enjoyed the footage of Resq1 (not sure why)...

Did Mel build that from a JKU, or did it start as a Brute?

Mel started with a JKU.

Great info and examples. I Wasn’t aware of this.

Eddie, just so I am clear... you run disconnected front when off-road with factory rear connected?

Yes

If one were to run were to run this same config with Currie rear connected and front disconnected, it is your opinion that the result would still be different than running stock rear?

Absolutely, take a factory rear sway bar and try pushing it up or down by hand. You'll find that you can a LOT. Now, try to push an Antirock up and down. I can't make this shit up. I have no need to.

LOL - Being that my word regarding what I've seen and the examples I posted don't seem to be enough for you - you should do it. :thumb:

Running a rear antirock will offer way more resistance than a factory sway bar and you will see it's effects. There was at least 2 JK's on the JKX who was just running a rear Antirock and I was not impressed.

Mel started with a JKU.

Yes

Absolutely, take a factory rear sway bar and try pushing it up or down by hand. You'll find that you can a LOT. Now, try to push an Antirock up and down. I can't make this shit up. I have no need to.

Lol calm down bro! [emoji23] I like the experienced info. Looking forward to removing mine and checking it out!

I have seen the SwayLock that Bubba runs on his and I am thinking this may be a viable option for those without the Rubi sway bar? Maybe he can chime in. :idontknow:

I have seen the SwayLock that Bubba runs on his and I am thinking this may be a viable option for those without the Rubi sway bar? Maybe he can chime in. :idontknow:

I've run a SwayLOC on my TJ before and it works great on road, just like factory but disconnected, I found that it still felt like an Antirock.

swayloc-00.jpg

Also, I ended up breaking a sway bar arm TWICE. Kinda left a bad taste for me and for the cost, I'd rather run a Rubicon sway bar with e-disco. But then, that's just me.

I've run a SwayLOC on my TJ before and it works great on road, just like factory but disconnected, I found that it still felt like an Antirock.

swayloc-00.jpg

Also, I ended up breaking a sway bar arm TWICE. Kinda left a bad taste for me and for the cost, I'd rather run a Rubicon sway bar with e-disco. But then, that's just me.

I am currently running the SwayLoc and the little but that I’ve actually been able to wheel with it, I did not feel like it was holding the Jeep back in any way. I like the design of it better than an Antirock, specifically in the way it’s put together. It’s not splined but rather has 2 flats machines into it, whereas the AR has splines that can strip and slip.

I will note that my JKU is not light by any means. I feel like a heavier setup such as mine is probably going to work with a torsion bar better than a light build. Leverage. It’s also nice when going fast to still be somewhat connected as opposed to either connected or not. If someone were to go with a SwayLoc I’d also recommend keeping it simple with just the basic setup. Switches are cool and all, but sometimes more is less.

I also think for the money, you can’t beat a used Rubicon sway bar with a no-limits on it. It just flat out works without any headaches. Typically I only recommend a SwayLoc to someone that running a build simulator to mine. In any case, I NEVER recommend an Antirock. Mostly because I don’t like the loose feeling on the pavement compared to the stiffness of a stock sway bar.

What does the SwayLOC do? I'm not really getting the point of it from the picture.

It's basically 2 swaybars in one - literally. You have a tube with a bar inside of it and when locked, you get the feel and performance of a factory sway bar. When disconnected, the secondary lighter torsion bar inside the main bar become your sway bar. Again, on road, it's great and feels factory. When disconnected, I still felt resistance which can be good in some cases like when off camber but it WILL resist flex or at least, from what I have seen. As far as bombing across the desert goes, I still prefer to have my factory sway bar connected especially in tight turns. But of course, that's just me.

It's basically 2 swaybars in one - literally. You have a tube with a bar inside of it and when locked, you get the feel and performance of a factory sway bar. When disconnected, the secondary lighter torsion bar inside the main bar become your sway bar. Again, on road, it's great and feels factory. When disconnected, I still felt resistance which can be good in some cases like when off camber but it WILL resist flex or at least, from what I have seen. As far as bombing across the desert goes, I still prefer to have my factory sway bar connected especially in tight turns. But of course, that's just me.

I get it now.

Thanks for the explanation.

So at least it's not the worst of both worlds like the Anti Rock

I get it now.

Thanks for the explanation.

So at least it's not the worst of both worlds like the Anti Rock

LOL - no. In fact, I was kind of sold on the idea or at least, up until mine broke while flexing. The first time around, I wrote it off as being a fluke but the second time, I decided to get rid of it. Of course, this was just my personal experience.

Top Bottom