Coilover spring out of perch

Rharvey160

Today I was giving my Jeep a once over getting ready for a trip to Moab and noticed the spring was off the perch where it is supposed to be sitting. With my trusty floor Jack I raised the jeep up high enough to get the spring back in place.

Reckon what I need to be looking at for the reason the spring become unseated? I'm guessing it overextended and then unseated. What would be the fix for that? Thanks for any help.

image.jpg

Spring is likely too short. Even fully extended, ideally you don't want the springs unseating. Shouldn't unseat without taking most of the preload out.

What height do you have them set at? I'm guessing you don't have any load on them (lowest possible setting)?

Add a 1/2" of preload with the adjuster with the shock fully extended/weight off the shock. Shouldn't really affect your ride height with the bolt-ons and will prevent the unseating.

Add a 1/2" of preload with the adjuster with the shock fully extended/weight off the shock. Shouldn't really affect your ride height with the bolt-ons and will prevent the unseating.

Would that need to be done to all four of them to insure it sits level?

Could I get longer springs on the bottom? I really don't want the jeep sitting any higher. It's up pretty high now. Would longer bottom springs on the bottom make it sit higher?

Thanks

Yeah you need to do it to all 4. This is mine with 35s with the bolt on kit front and rear. You can see where the adjusters are.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431271869.640118.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431272004.734310.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431272028.693108.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help. Attached is a pic of how they are set now. You think a half inch more will do the trick?

image.jpg

My timing rings have been moved down since that picture but I know the OP has his off as well. That was just the best picture I had to show the height adjusters.
Here are my timing rings now:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431318725.828617.jpg

Top Bottom