Cobra 75 Radio Mouning Bracket Question

Army_Vet

Banned
I cant seem to see what's all included but if its just the piece to hang the mic on.... I can't see that is even worth 25 bucks... let alone 35. I have this same CB. Mine sits in my glove box, and the once a month or so that I need it, I drape it across my leg. Thats just me.... If I did want mine out all the time, I would get one of those retractable Gear Keeper Mic Holder.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I've done the bungie cord from center winshield loop for years but tired of it bouncing around. Want it held securely while off roading. Hopefully that will protect it some too.

The pics on cooltech2 look nice and of course very simple install. $25 nice price.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Army_Vet

Banned
I've done the bungie cord from center winshield loop for years but tired of it bouncing around. Want it held securely while off roading. Hopefully that will protect it some too.

The pics on cooltech2 look nice and of course very simple install. $25 nice price.

Ya the bouncing around part would suck... you got a point there.

turbineguy

I'm looking at mounting my Cobra 75 on the front passenger dash grab bar and was wonder if anyone has had any experience with the

mounting bracket offered by Quadratec. Good Bad ????

http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_213.htm

Hope that link works.

Works perfectly. Installed it a month ago.

In my opinion it beats cooltech because it doesn't block stereo. It goes behind grab bar perfectly.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

texasdave

Man, I found a Cobra CB at Academy that I may get. It's a forward facing speaker and I'm thinking of trying to mount my stereo and cb in the same slot. Aftermarket Kenwood.

KPM171

I use one of these guys for a cheap/easy solution for my Cobra 75. I think I picked mine up for $2 online, but it looks like Amazon has jacked up the prices.
2166y6dIvDL.jpg

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Cool tech has two models. The one for the 2011 + JKs mounts on grab handle and does not n lock stereo.

The one for 2007-10 mounts on sise of stereo and block a small area of stereo.

Luckily I have a 2012 JK

4Low

I bought the whole setup from cool tech and it works nice and the bracket is out of the way.

4Low

No but its so thin you don't notice it at all.

Sent from my XT1030 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1390449777516.jpg
    1390449777516.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 1390449791810.jpg
    1390449791810.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 182

swag247

The mic clip from Quadratech arrived yesterday. Have to say the build quality is very good, has a shim for the the other side of grab handle also.

IMG_20140124_084202.jpg
IMG_20140124_084230.jpg

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Did you any issues removing those plastic bolts on the grab bar.

4Low

Those plastic bolts aren't real. That whole silver panel pops off. Use a little screwdriver to carefully pry it up and work from one end to the other.

Sent from my XT1030 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Great thanks. Thought I had read somewhere that the plastic bolts held that trim piece in place.

iRonin

All I can think of is someone's head getting cleaved by that bracket angle in a minor accident >_<

- iRonin

Top Bottom