Clifford the Big Red JK - Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really sharp. I'm impressed with your painting skills. With these and your winch, Clifford is going to look great.

How was the install? Tapping the frame tough? Or pretty doable?

Very easy to tap the frame. Thought I could get away with using the next smaller still size but the frame stripped the tap. Bought the correct setup, chucked the tap into my drill, set it to low and all was well.

Very easy to tap the frame. Thought I could get away with using the next smaller still size but the frame stripped the tap. Bought the correct setup, chucked the tap into my drill, set it to low and all was well.

what size did you use for the drill bit and tap?

The bolts that come with the sliders are 7/16-20. So you will need the tap. The drill bit size is a 25/64 (listed on the tap package). All can be gathered at an auto parts store. Couldn't find them at the Home Depot. It's all listed in the Wayalife write up here

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ries-Rock-Sliders-Installation-Write-Up/page3

O ya i forgot he did a write up thanks man, i was just wondering how big the whole are for my own knowing lol. yours looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom