Clear Coat type

Ill keep u posted im gona have julie check the local shop to see if they have Any as i wana get it done this weekend!

Dude, slow down! If you rush it it will turn out shitty.

It took me a weekend to get Alana's rear cage welded in and three evenings to prep for final paint. You need to let the final base coat dry for at least 24 hours (Maybe longer with the cool nights) and the clear should go as long.Then, it took us another evening to trim the plastic and fabric.

I can't possibly see getting it all done in a weekend and you being totally happy with the outcome.

dyn0mitemat

I've had awesome luck with the eastwood brand paint mentioned earlier (with the hardener canister inside).
I've only used the gloss black on bumpers and such but have found it to hold up great.

I'd place dead between typical spray paint and powder coat as far as durability goes. Which is what I wanted. I couldn't see spending $100+ for each thing to get powder coated and then still have it scrape off in the rocks, but wanted something better than typical spray paint that wants to peal and such after it gets some scrapes and stuff when you take the power washer to it. I've found for ~$30 a can or so this stuff is perfect.

Plan on using the whole can once you mix the hardener in. I'd say you have 12hrs or so to spray it once mixed, so don't rush coats. But I've left a can a little longer than I wanted (overnight plus had something come up in the morning) and it was 16-18ish hours before I went to re-use it, and I wouldn't do that again if I could help it.

For convenience if anyone is close, I've been picking mine up at summit racing, since they're the only place i've seen local that has it.

And I've seen retailers online that will take these types of cans (seach 2k aerosol spray or w/e) and mix factory paint in them if you wanna match colors on corner guards or something

Top Bottom