Clayton Offroad Lift - 2.5" vs 3.5"

TerraJL

Narrowed my lift kit down to a Clayton Offroad kit. With that being said, I do plan to run lightly and not have a lot of gear or heavy bumpers. Where does the 2.5" and the 3.5" lift kit land once settled on a Rubicon? Will I see more than the advertised amounts? Trying to determine which kit to go with and still allow it to park in my garage. I am going to run 35" or 37" tires.

Thanks in advance!

TerraJL

NPC 6060⁸42

Sorry no experience with Clayton. I’d probably give them a call I’m sure they can tell you exactly how much you can expect from each of their lifts.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a Clayton 3.5" lift on my JKU, depends on which coil they send with the kit, I have the standard coils (no aftermarket bumpers)

Can't give you an actual l height but it sat alot taller than I was expecting. Once I installed the winch, front metal stubby bumper, 37" spare tire and ARB carrier (stock bumper) it settled to where I could get in and out without too much grunt.

At one point I swapped out the coils to EVO 4.5" plush ride but went back to the Clayton coils.

Give them a call, they're good to work with and in answering questions, my guess it the 2.5" lift will suit your needs unless you plan to pack heavy with overland gear.

wildskyoverland

I'm pretty sure while I was researching their kits all of them run about 1/2" higher than advertised. I just installed their 1.5" premium kit on my 2018 JL Rubicon and it was about 2" of lift - and very happy with it.

SOB

Like everyone mentioned, call Clayton. Seems to me most lifts run a little higher than advertised. If I were you I would go with 2 1/2. I put Mopar 2" lift on years ago and all said and done it was almost 3"

TerraJL

I decided to go with a Clayton 2.5" lift and am going to run 35s for now.

I was told by Clayton that it's a good idea to get a rod pass-through steering stabilizer with their 2.5" kit when running 35s or better. With the rod that passes completely though, less prone to Jeep pulling to the right, apparently. Anything else I'm missing? I am overbuilding for the time being in case I want to upgrade to larger tires later.

With that being said, here's my build sheet:

Lift: COR-3009025 - 2.5" OVERLAND+ Lift Kit 2018+, JL / JL 4xE
Shocks: FOX-5109002 - these are the Fox shocks
Stabilizer: FOX-983-02-148 - FOX 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer- JT/JL

Check my facts please and let me know your opinions.

Thanks!

TerraJL

TerraJL

That fox stabilizer WILL make your jeep pull. The factory one will not.
Ah ok, good to know. Which stabilizer doesn’t make your Jeep pull? Any advice? Maybe just keep the factory one for now huh? Is an upgraded stabilizer snake oil for people who drive on 35s?

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ah ok, good to know. Which stabilizer doesn’t make your Jeep pull? Any advice? Maybe just keep the factory one for now huh? Is an upgraded stabilizer snake oil for people who drive on 35s?
Its snake oil for any tire size. Factory is the way to go. It is literally designed to work on the vehicle it comes one. Xtreme Recon editions come with the same stabilizer and they come factory with 35's.

TerraJL

Its snake oil for any tire size. Factory is the way to go. It is literally designed to work on the vehicle it comes one. Xtreme Recon editions come with the same stabilizer and they come factory with 35's.
Good to know, I'll modify my order. Do you have any other recommendations for supporting parts for a 2.5" lift and 35s? Any steering upgrades or whatever?

jeeeep

Hooked
Good to know, I'll modify my order. Do you have any other recommendations for supporting parts for a 2.5" lift and 35s? Any steering upgrades or whatever?
The JL will handle the 35's no problem.

Been running 37's on my 2018 since about new, only thing I added was a Synergy Track bar/sector shaft brace since the aluminum steering box had some flex from the factory.

I think they've corrected this after 2018, there was a TSB to fix it.

Top Bottom