CJ ruined our date night

Spazbyt

Hooked
The wife and I were on our way back from dinner Saturday night and as soon as we pulled off the highway the lower radiator hose blew. I managed to limp it into a burger king parking lot. Luckily my wife remembered that our old Sprint cell phone contract came with AAA service and a tow was free for under 3 miles.
20220924_203518[1].jpg
I haven't had the time to look into what happened but the best I can tell is the inline fuse to my Flex a lite fans melted so they never kicked on. I'm not sure if the fuse finally blew or if it just melted till there was no more contact. I don't know why it would have been getting that hot. It was the factory flex a lite wiring and it's practically brand new. I wasn't thrilled to overheat the engine but it seems to be ok and honestly, I needed to get some things buttoned up on her anyway so looks like some garage time is in my future.

Damn that sucks! I'm sure the wife was forgiving given that the dinner was already paid for 😉 Lol

We shall be awaiting your update on the CJ 🧐

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The wife and I were on our way back from dinner Saturday night and as soon as we pulled off the highway the lower radiator hose blew. I managed to limp it into a burger king parking lot. Luckily my wife remembered that our old Sprint cell phone contract came with AAA service and a tow was free for under 3 miles.
View attachment 379931
I haven't had the time to look into what happened but the best I can tell is the inline fuse to my Flex a lite fans melted so they never kicked on. I'm not sure if the fuse finally blew or if it just melted till there was no more contact. I don't know why it would have been getting that hot. It was the factory flex a lite wiring and it's practically brand new. I wasn't thrilled to overheat the engine but it seems to be ok and honestly, I needed to get some things buttoned up on her anyway so looks like some garage time is in my future.

Beautiful Jeep! 😍 Sorry to see you having problems.

You should probably just sell it to me. 😉

Seriously though, hope it’s a quick and inexpensive fix. Please post up some more pictures of that good looking Jeep.

jeeeep

Hooked
hmmm... on your way back from dinner sounds like date night was over?

or did you mean the title to read "CJ ruined our post-date night"

That's what happens when things get older, the hose just doesn't work like it use to. A little pressure and well, you know...

Top Bottom