Chuckwagon and Mickey T's ATZ P3

machinegunmedic

Ok, so I bought the M/T ATZ P3 about a month ago. Driving home I noticed right away how harsh a ride I was getting, it was like I was riding in a chuckwagon. So when I got home I checked the PSI and it was 35. I deflated to 31, then I noticed that the sidewalls were E as opposed to the C on the stock Rubi BFG.

Fast forward 1000 Km and one month. Last weekend a good friend of mine was up visiting who has a Rubi and he commented on the bumpy ride. So we checked the pressure and it was 39 psi... WTF. So I deflated again. The ride home was nice, but all week the ride progressively got worse.

Now the day I picked up the new tires it was approx -20C, warmed up last weekend to 0C, and now back down to -25C. I know all about the Laws of gases however this is fucked.

Would the very cold temp and E side wall have something to do with this, like some sort of synergistic effect? Maybe someone from Discount Tire could answer this question.

Thanks for any help, but as it stands I wouldn't recommend these tires.

No it's not going to change by 9 pounds. 10 degrees in temperature will change your pressure 1 pound. Sounds like you just had a faulty pressure gauge.

Hey, this link might help... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=73 . Keep in mind the rule of thumb on here is 10 degrees Fahrenheit changes it 1 psi.(as OVERLANDERJK stated) Not Degrees Celsius. So for any Canadians on here the rule of thumb is basically every 5 degrees Celsius will change your psi by about 1. Hope that helped I do agree though this is a very drastic change... :thinking: Maybe you have a neighbor screwing with you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom