Check Engine?

Rubicrush

So my wife's 2012 jk threw a check engine light recently. Little over 50000 miles. Guy at auto part store used code reader and it said misfire cylinder 6. Per his suggestions he said could be a bad plug or coil. So i changed all plugs and replaced cylinder 6 coil. Light came on again after about 10 miles. Anyone here have the same code pop up before and if so what other possibilities could it be. Any help is much appreciated.

jeeeep

Hooked
So my wife's 2012 jk threw a check engine light recently. Little over 50000 miles. Guy at auto part store used code reader and it said misfire cylinder 6. Per his suggestions he said could be a bad plug or coil. So i changed all plugs and replaced cylinder 6 coil. Light came on again after about 10 miles. Anyone here have the same code pop up before and if so what other possibilities could it be. Any help is much appreciated.

You may have to take that into the dealer for warranty work

WJCO

Meme King

Sounds like the head. They extended the warranty. I think it's 10 years or 150k but I'm not 100% sure on that. And don't clear the code, leave it for them to see.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Sounds like the head. They extended the warranty. I think it's 10 years or 150k but I'm not 100% sure on that. And don't clear the code, leave it for them to see.

They did, on the drivers side head (even cylinders). I had mine replaced about 2 months ago, but mine was cylinder 2. They do a leak down test and replace it if it is out of spec, would have to double check but mine was at 75%.

Rubicrush

Re: check engine

Eesh I was hoping not to have to go to the stealership. But I guess if it is the head and it is still covered that would be best case scenario. Even changed camshaft position sensor and still nothing. Dealer was saying $150 to diagnose the problem though. I wonder if they refund that if it is the head issue? Thanks for all the replies!

Top Bottom