Carpet vs rhino line

SPIELUHR

Sorry if this is already a thread but just want everyones opinion. My gf spilt milk in her JK the other day and by the time I got to it it smelled like S*&T. I gutted her interior and cleaned up as much of it as I could but you can still smell some of it. Now my options are limited I plan on gutting it again and cleaning the crap out of it a few more times if this does not work the choices are either get new carpet which even with my discount at the dealership is going to run between $300 - $450 or should I just rhino line it and trash the carpet ? Thanks for everyones :twocents: :)

have you tried to rent a carpet cleaner/steamer from a local shop? that is much cheaper than replacing the carpet. if that is not an option, FABREZE does work very well!

Oh and one more thing, tell your GF to stop drinking MILK in her Jeep!!! :cheesy:

SquareLJ

Rhino line or Line X is fine if you're OK with more noise and more heat. After having no carpet for 4 years now, I am tired of it. I just bought BedRug's new front carpet and I'm keeping an eye out for used carpet for the rear. Just my :twocents: Look very seriously into steam cleaning it.

SquareLJ

Look at Quadradec or jc whitney for their replacement carpet kits. You would be surprised at the cost.

I bought some type of cheap replacement carpet from Quadratec about a year ago, none of the pieces matched my Jeep even though it said it fit it. Just be careful of what you get.

Shinedepotjk

Rhino line or line x all the way. New carpet will just put u in the same spot down the road again. Rhino lined mine couple months ago and luv it. Ran with no carpets for years before that because of rain and keeping the windows out. I didn't find it any loader then with carpet. And if u decide to put carpet in later u still can. And for cleaning your carpet hang it up and spray some all purpose cleaner on it and pressure wash it. Let dry before u install it. I clean milk spills all the time u need to flush it right out or replace the under lay. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365729097.757259.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365729118.206657.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365729139.246984.jpg
Before ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365729177.525659.jpg

FrankenJeeper

I bedlined my jeep with the do it yourself kit from Duplicolor and I'm very impressed. I love it so far

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365730128.195632.jpg

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie

ABedlining the floor is on my list, thinking of going with monster liner for mine.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

CommandoOkie

Sorry if this is already a thread but just want everyones opinion. My gf spilt milk in her JK the other day and by the time I got to it it smelled like S*&T. I gutted her interior and cleaned up as much of it as I could but you can still smell some of it. Now my options are limited I plan on gutting it again and cleaning the crap out of it a few more times if this does not work the choices are either get new carpet which even with my discount at the dealership is going to run between $300 - $450 or should I just rhino line it and trash the carpet ? Thanks for everyones :twocents: :)

2 or 4 door? I got black 2 door carpet from a 2011 I would sell a lot cheaper than dealer.

jarho00

I have both, Rhino lined then carpet on top, makes for a quiet Jeep and protected underneath.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackKnight

I have both, Rhino lined then carpet on top, makes for a quiet Jeep and protected underneath.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was thinking that I was going to Rhino, then get the fitted rubber liners front, back and cargo area so I could pull out most of the dirt from the interior in one shot. then take a hose to what was left :)

Probably going with the Bestop or weathertech.

StrizzyChris

It really depends on the application and your location. There are people who love and hate rhino liner. Are you using this as a daily driver and want personal comfort? Are you a hard core wheeler and want to be able to hose out the interior? Really lining it is nice, but then it truly has the feel of being in a industrial vehicle rather than a comfortable personal use. My buddies Jeep was lined, and those floor boards got crazy hot in the summer! It was also quite a bit louder in the cab. I would watch the for sale sections on the forums for people selling their carpet if the fabreeze and carpet steam cleaner doesnt work

Only you know what you want the "feel" of the vehicle to be, but I would never have my daily driver without carpeting, but thats my personal opinion.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I used the Hurculiner on my last Jeep. It was easy to clean up, no issues in the rain with the doors off, etc, but it was quite a bit louder than when I had carpet in it. I'm thinking I might line my JK and use the carpet over the liner for DD duties, and just yank it out on wheeling trips.

Top Bottom