CarolinaJK's 2-Door Build Thread

CarolinaJK

So one of my Trucklites went out and the warranty process was painful to say the least. Ended up getting a replacement, but didn't want to go through that mess again. I decided to try out HighBeam Offroad and so far, they are BRIGHT.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 119

CarolinaJK

I'm at 60k miles now on the stock bearings with no signs of wear. I'll probably replace them in the next 5-10k miles just for shits and giggles. Honestly thought they'd be toast long before now.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm at 60k miles now on the stock bearings with no signs of wear. I'll probably replace them in the next 5-10k miles just for shits and giggles. Honestly thought they'd be toast long before now.

How the fuck is that even possible? I’ve had like three sets so far. At least.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

CarolinaJK

Yep! I've got 1.5" spacers on it! South Carolina has the worst roads in the country, but they aren't the desert lol. Ever since my son was born, I haven't had the damn thing off the pavement.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I had 10k on my stock bearings when I went to 35 TG’s & Slabs... at around 14k they started to go south so I swapped them. I figure I’ll be changing them pretty often.

TrailHunter

Hooked
What are the symptoms ? DW?

I have 5k on 35s and 10k on 37s with 3.5” backspacing so guessing not long now

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m probably over sensitive... I like tight steering... New ball joints, Track bar & Drag link fixed the DW.... The bearings were more of a Wandering symptom.. like I was always chasing it... Swapped in new bearings and it tracked straight.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m probably over sensitive... I like tight steering... New ball joints, Track bar & Drag link fixed the DW.... The bearings were more of a Wandering symptom.. like I was always chasing it... Swapped in new bearings and it tracked straight.

That’s what it is because your tires don’t track straight. You can usually tell when one tire is cambered and the other is fairly straight. At least that’s the way mine were.

TrailHunter

Hooked
That’s what it is because your tires don’t track straight. You can usually tell when one tire is cambered and the other is fairly straight. At least that’s the way mine were.

Yeah, any mud terrain is going to grab the road... when parts start to wear it really amplifies it. Thats whats great about AT’s.... you don’t notice it as soon.

CarolinaJK

Yes sir! Second set of 35's I've had on it. Tracks straight as an arrow still. Ive always seemed to have relatively good luck with this thing though. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

CarolinaJK

After almost 5 years I finally painted the wheel wells

Attachments

• 173191C9-E7B7-4C65-AF0A-B0C08DE1C523.jpg
    173191C9-E7B7-4C65-AF0A-B0C08DE1C523.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom