CARNAGE!! Let's See Your Best Breaks & Trail Damage

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
The day RanchoRubi jinxed me by saying I never break down. Thanks to my pals for helping me get off the trail.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416285435.366085.jpg

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
The night I broke a front axle going up the final waterfall on Devils Canyon.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416285603.622367.jpg

Trail Bud pulling me up to a level spot to change the axle.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416285667.734839.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Only real break so far was my rear driveshaft...oh and bent flanges on aftermarket axle shafts...never on the Oem of course

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418931425.145582.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418931455.088894.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The photos below were posted up on crippledpetey's build thread and as you can imagine, it got me thinking about this thread. Needless to say, I am posting them up here for you all to enjoy...

Thought I would add some of my carnage along the way. I haven't taken photos of all of it but still think this will be fun :-D

Made contact with a very large tree on Old Sluice
attachment.php

Passenger side front upper control arm bracket.
attachment.php

Glad those EVO sliders were there!
attachment.php

Bent both sides of the skins. I ended up cutting the ends off.
attachment.php

Head gasket = has left the building
attachment.php

PSC Pump bracket needed a "break"
attachment.php

My ARB said it didn't like this shim.
attachment.php

Some other things include:

Drivers side ball joints, two Johnny Joints, Passenger rear brake line and caliper bolts...that's all I can think of right now :cheesy:

:thumb:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
The photos below were posted up on crippledpetey's build thread and as you can imagine, it got me thinking about this thread. Needless to say, I am posting them up here for you all to enjoy...

:thumb:

jeeez i hope all of that wasnt on one trip! :eek:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, the revival of this thread got me thinking I should post up some of the carnage we got on the last JKX. Here's what happens when the entire passenger side of your Jeep is used as a pivot point :crazyeyes:
main.php

And look, it even damaged our 6.2L emblem!! :mad: :crazyeyes: :D
main.php

But, after adding a little touch up paint and a set of new Rugged Ridge half doors, you can hardly tell anything happened at all :yup:
main.php

main.php

Webe

Okay, the revival of this thread got me thinking I should post up some of the carnage we got on the last JKX. Here's what happens when the entire passenger side of your Jeep is used as a pivot point :crazyeyes:
main.php

And look, it even damaged our 6.2L emblem!! :mad: :crazyeyes: :D
main.php

But, after adding a little touch up paint and a set of new Rugged Ridge half doors, you can hardly tell anything happened at all :yup:
main.php

main.php

Moral of this story is to never follow Mel up a hill unless your ready for carnage!

TheBaconator

SMORR - Flex N Stuff

Followed behind a JK and LJ on this trail....then the ground gave out. I bent fender back and put some spraypaint on it (rust prevention and all :) ) then was back to wheelin 156082_951376224385_2998262883724843617_n.jpg

Top Bottom