Can you identify this lift and tire size?

Helipilot2

Hey gents I have been looking at parts for the CJ and while doing so came across a picture of a setup I really like. I cant tell how much lift and what size tires (maybe 35s) the jeep is running. It is a spring over so I am maybe guessing 2.5 in lift swapped to spring over??? It is the first jeep on the slide show (the maroon one)
http://www.metalcloak.com/category-s/243.htm

If I were to guess I would say those 35s but it can be tough to tell on the CJs. I'd call MC. They will be happy to share any build details the know and since it's photographed and shown on their site I'd bet they know a good bit. :yup:

Dirt Foot

I think that MC CJ is 33" tires with a 2" spring and a leaf over conversion.

This is my CJ7 from back in the day. It had 35" Boggers. 2" springs with a leaf over and a 3" body lift. Plus a small shackle lift too. I'm also not tiny either. Just a comparison for you.

Attachments

• 1441315926167.jpg
    1441315926167.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 94

Helipilot2

What is your guys opinion on the dana 30? I am extremely afraid of the dana 30 for fear of breaking lol. In 5-10 years I would like to do 1 tons and 37s but for now want to make it as capable as possible. Do you think it would make sense to do 2 1/2 inch spring over with power steering added on and run 33s and toss a detroit in the front? Will it hold up is my concern.

ITLL GO

Hard to say, but those look like 35" for sure. I have 35 GoodYears MTR gen 1's with 4" hijacker springs and Rubicon Express shocks. Love the shocks, springs are super stiff. Best lift IMO for the CJ is the rubicon express 4" complete lift kit. Around $1500 with shocks. Helped a buddy install on his green CJ and it's super nice and soft. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441316895.655106.jpg

ITLL GO

What is your guys opinion on the dana 30? I am extremely afraid of the dana 30 for fear of breaking lol. In 5-10 years I would like to do 1 tons and 37s but for now want to make it as capable as possible. Do you think it would make sense to do 2 1/2 inch spring over with power steering added on and run 33s and toss a detroit in the front? Will it hold up is my concern.

The AMC 30 that most the CJ's have is actually really strong. Only upgrade needed is to solid axle. It's stronger then my Dana 44. They built them pretty well back then. You would be fine running no problem. I personally would and did keep spring under. I am still running the stock 20 up front too. No issues at all, other then just replacing ball joints after 35 years

Helipilot2

The AMC 30 that most the CJ's have is actually really strong. Only upgrade needed is to solid axle. It's stronger then my Dana 44. They built them pretty well back then. You would be fine running no problem. I personally would and did keep spring under. I am still running the stock 20 up front too. No issues at all, other then just replacing ball joints after 35 years

Excuse my noob question, what do you mean upgrade to solid axle? I always thought they were solid axles up front unless you had IFS?
Did a little googling and all I found were solid axle kits for 76s and newer.

Last edited:

Helipilot2

Hard to say, but those look like 35" for sure. I have 35 GoodYears MTR gen 1's with 4" hijacker springs and Rubicon Express shocks. Love the shocks, springs are super stiff. Best lift IMO for the CJ is the rubicon express 4" complete lift kit. Around $1500 with shocks. Helped a buddy install on his green CJ and it's super nice and soft. View attachment 163403

Unfortunately I can not run a Rubicon Express Lift kit, they only make them for 76 and newer and mine is a 75 haha, SOL

holliewood61

Excuse my noob question, what do you mean upgrade to solid axle? I always thought they were solid axles up front unless you had IFS?
Did a little googling and all I found were solid axle kits for 76s and newer.

He is talking about the amc 20 rear that csme with flanged 2 piece axle shafts. A set of 1 piece shafts and a truss can beef one up quite well.

In my opinion the dana 30 front isnt worth dumping money into. Im running dana 44's front and rear in my cj and am having big trouble keeping the front together. Im thinking its time for me to start gathering 1 ton stuff.

Top Bottom