Can flat tire fit in spare tire location?

I have a 37 inch spare that luckily fits in the stock spare location. I know it's not an ideal location for a spare. However, I currently have my spare on the stock steel spare rim. It wouldn't fit it up there with the stock alloy wheel. The part that holds the wheel that comes down from the little winch wouldn't fit through the hole in the alloy wheel. With that being said...

Do stock alloy wheels not fit in the factory spare location?

Or

DId I have a brain fart and I'm just not fitting it right?

I'll be getting Methods soon so I'm sure it will work, but if you get a flat and have a bunch of stuff in the bed and don't have room, are you just up a creek without a paddle? 20210307_165946.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I have a 37 inch spare that luckily fits in the stock spare location. I know it's not an ideal location for a spare. However, I currently have my spare on the stock steel spare rim. It wouldn't fit it up there with the stock alloy wheel. The part that holds the wheel that comes down from the little winch wouldn't fit through the hole in the alloy wheel. With that being said...

Do stock alloy wheels not fit in the factory spare location?

Or

DId I have a brain fart and I'm just not fitting it right?

I'll be getting Methods soon so I'm sure it will work, but if you get a flat and have a bunch of stuff in the bed and don't have room, are you just up a creek without a paddle? View attachment 360126

The part that hangs from the winch cable... If you turn it sideways, it won't fit through the center of the wheel hub hole?

The part that hangs from the winch cable... If you turn it sideways, it won't fit through the center of the wheel hub hole?
Ya, the springy thing that goes through the hole.

And no disrespect taken relating to the thread in the other forum. I don't know the history nor do I watch the other channels being brought up. I'm just gonna slowly creep backwards out of there. 20210307_172614.jpg

It wouldn't apply to people with a JL of course. But if you have a Gladiator with stock wheels, this could be somewhat of a problem.

Top Bottom