Camshaft Position Sensor

RioGrandeJK

I have been experiencing some extended cranks over the past year and they are becoming less intermittent and more frequent. So, I am looking to change the cam position sensor. Looks like an easy enough job, not worried about that part.

I stopped at O'riley today to check their price on one and they came up with a whopping 50 beans each! Quadratec sells em for just over 20. In addition to the price the guy said I need 2 cam position sensors... an upper and lower. Which I dont think is correct... could they be referring to the crankshaft position sensor too?

Just making sure I'm on the right track with this one. Planning to just order the Crown CPS from Quadratec and call it good.

Thanks for any info!

-s

The one in the bottom is the crankshaft position sensor and the one i belive right above the water pump in that area is the cam position sensor. I just changed my crank position sensor a few weeks ago not hard to . I would replace both if their $20each.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have been experiencing some extended cranks over the past year and they are becoming less intermittent and more frequent. So, I am looking to change the cam position sensor. Looks like an easy enough job, not worried about that part.

I stopped at O'riley today to check their price on one and they came up with a whopping 50 beans each! Quadratec sells em for just over 20. In addition to the price the guy said I need 2 cam position sensors... an upper and lower. Which I dont think is correct... could they be referring to the crankshaft position sensor too?

Just making sure I'm on the right track with this one. Planning to just order the Crown CPS from Quadratec and call it good.

Thanks for any info!

-s

What year is your jku? What you say extended cranks does the motor sound strong as you crank it or weak? Is your Jeep throwing any codes?

It's a 2014 with 44k on the clock. Motor sounds like it's starved of fuel. Sort of hesitating to start. It's been an Intermittent issue over the past year. No codes, if it did I'd know the problem for sure. Figured for less than 50 bucks I can change both sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So, Jeep claims there is two. The parts/service guys looked up my vin and what I would need. When they looked at the schematic of the wiring they both appear to be in the same place. Has anyone replaced the sensor and verified that there is in fact only one can sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom