Bumper Delete w/ the Fishbone Bumper Delete

Why1504

Caught the Bug
In the next couple of weeks I am going to do the bumper delete on my 2023 392XR. I am considering adding the Fishbone Bumper Delete to provide a more finished look. I would love to hear opinions on this product and on the quality of the Fishbone products in general. Thanks in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fishbone makes decent products but I can't say that this fascia does a whole lot to provide a more finished look. I mean, unless I'm missing something, it still leaves the ends of the frame rails open and just covers the cross member? I don't know, I personally think that the Rusty's solution looks more complete but then, I personally wouldn't bother running anything.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Here is the link:

it covers the frame rails and offers connection points for shackles. Cost: $270

the Rustys looks very similar, cost $490 and has provisions for the backup sensors (which I don’t care about).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, I must have seen an early version of it or something. What you posted looks a bit different and more complete for sure.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
Hmmm, I must have seen an early version of it or something. What you posted looks a bit different and more complete for sure.
The other thing, I am reasonably sure I can use your license plate mounting solution with the Fishbone.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
I just ordered the Fishbone Bumper Delete. They are having a 20% off site wide sale. Cost including shipping, $234.

I will post photos once I have it installed!

Malleck

bumper delete.jpg Here is my Fishbone bumper delete. it's super easy to install and weighs practically nothing.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Here is the link:

it covers the frame rails and offers connection points for shackles. Cost: $270

the Rustys looks very similar, cost $490 and has provisions for the backup sensors (which I don’t care about).

you can order Rusty's without the backup sensor provision but it's the same price.

they both have a similar look, IMO Rusty's has a cleaner finish and it would cost about another $200 to get the Fishbone refinished smooth.

TheGrendel

does the rear crossmember dip down like the JK or is straight across. Evo was the only I remember really getting the JK correct by dipping down. otherwise these thin metal member caps are prone to getting bent/dented on top.

Why1504

Caught the Bug
does the rear crossmember dip down like the JK or is straight across. Evo was the only I remember really getting the JK correct by dipping down. otherwise these thin metal member caps are prone to getting bent/dented on top.
I don’t understand what you mean by crossmember dip down. The Bumper delete kit does not cover the bottom of the crossmember. This delete kit is for the JL. So I assume the crossmember is the same as a JL. I hope this answers your question.

TheGrendel

I don’t understand what you mean by crossmember dip down. The Bumper delete kit does not cover the bottom of the crossmember. This delete kit is for the JL. So I assume the crossmember is the same as a JL. I hope this answers your question.
sorry it wasn't Evo. it was a couple of others. see how it slopes from the frame rails. a lot of those thin bumper fascias that go straight from frame rail to frame rail will bend if you step on them.

but i answered my own question googling JL bumper deletes and saw one of Eddie's videos. so, it's basically the same issue as the JK.

maxresdefault.jpg

sorry it wasn't Evo. it was a couple of others. see how it slopes from the frame rails. a lot of those thin bumper fascias that go straight from frame rail to frame rail will bend if you step on them.

but i answered my own question googling JL bumper deletes and saw one of Eddie's videos. so, it's basically the same issue as the JK.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bam, Mud Graps.

Top Bottom