Building PEACEMAKER

PEACEMAKER1

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! I have been so busy that I have found it difficult to get some more build pics up. But here are some pics :) I apologize that some of the pics have dirt, but I went out wheeling before taking a bunch of pics.

IMG_20181024_173631.jpg

IMG_20181024_173427.jpg

IMG_20181024_173450.jpg

IMG_20181024_173513.jpg

My WAL windshield swag :) It not only makes a statement, but I think it added 5 HP :rock:

IMG_20181024_173416.jpg

IMG_20181024_172704.jpg

IMG_20181024_172200.jpg

I was able to spend some time on the fender trimming and fit the fender liner. I was happy to keep the liner so that my engine compartment stayed clean.

IMG_20181024_172413.jpg

I had to use the supplied rear track bar bracket from the evo kit instead of the track bar bracket that came with the XD60 rear axle. With the XD60 bracket, there was interference with the left rear shock reservoir. So I cut off the stock bracket and modified the evo bracket so that it would fit the large XD60 tube and I welded that bad boy on. It solved my interference problem by moving the axle attachment point for the rear track bar away from the left rear shock.

IMG_20181024_172210.jpg

Rear Evo long arm brackets welded on :)

IMG_20181024_172342.jpg

IMG_20181024_172348.jpg

Here I had to add a shock bracket that pushed the bottom of the shock out on the front XD60s. Using the original bracket caused interference with the top of the shock and the bump stop tower/shock bracket. So I bolted the new bracket on from the bottom and welded some angle iron to the front of the bracket and axle tube for more strength.

IMG_20181024_172447.jpg

Here I drilled a hole in the fender liner and the front of the body bracket on the chassis to hold the fender liner in place with a plastic pop plug.

IMG_20181024_172431.jpg

Here are also some pics of how I routed my e-brake lines to the rear. For the driver side, I took the brake line to the driver side immediately as it exited the body of the vehicle underneath. I tracked it over a cross member that goes to the chassis right near the rear control arm brackets. Then I routed the cable inside the body mount and along the upper CA down to the wheel. For the passenger side, I routed the cable toward the passenger side immediately as it exited the body. This route goes over the gas tank and across the area where the fuel pump is on top of the gas tank. This allowed the cable to come out the side near the rear CA bracket and body mount, and I continued down the upper CA to the wheel.

IMG_20181024_172107.jpg

IMG_20181024_172333.jpg

And then here are just some random photos of my inside switch mount, fire extinguisher, etc.

IMG_20181024_172816.jpg

IMG_20181024_172847.jpg

Underneath are the Adams 1350 shafts with the Magnaflow exhaust

IMG_20181024_172732.jpg

I have to say that this build has been nothing short of awesome! I am happy to share my progress with everyone and am thankful for all the feedback. I hope some of my pics and comments will help others who want to install similar components.

PEACEMAKER1

To continue, after the install it snowed and I played around a little bit testing all the new components https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/32142-SHOW-us-the-SNOW!!/page55

Then the following weekend I was able to get down to Sedona on Broken Arrow and test things further https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/964-Where-did-your-Jeep-take-You-this-Week/page449

Then this last weekend I went up to Moab and wheeled Poison Spider Mesa :) I am working on processing those pics, so stay tuned! I am also going to post a video of the trip on my YouTube channel, but that may be a while....so much media to go through!

After the Moab trip I found out that my front track bar was hitting the top of my front diff. To ameliorate that issue, I cut off the chassis side bracket and moved it forward an inch or so. Problem solved :) I also made aluminum blocks to set my rear bump distance. I'll post those pics tonight.

Yesterday I bought a the Poison Spyder body mounted rear tire carrier, seat covers, and seat heater pads. Stay tuned for that install in the next couple weeks :)

Have you had any issues in the rear with setting the distance to the secondary rings? Adjusted mine to a half inch above as recommended and noticed midway thru the week they’re right up against the isolator now. Think maybe because I had my tools loaded in the back so I took them out last night but haven’t had it on level ground to check yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PEACEMAKER1

Yeah I think it can vary a little between what you have loaded in the rear and what not. I started close to the isolator but have them adjusted about 2 inches or so up currently.

Shuffle

Jeep looks great. I am planning on ordering the EVO coiler kit soon and wouldn't mind asking what convinced you to get the long arm kit over the enforcer pro kit with the adjustable arms that use the stock pivot points?

Thanks for any input!

PEACEMAKER1

Nice work, that thing is looking sharp.

Just when I thought I didn’t want coilovers...

HA! DO IT!!!

Jeep looks great. I am planning on ordering the EVO coiler kit soon and wouldn't mind asking what convinced you to get the long arm kit over the enforcer pro kit with the adjustable arms that use the stock pivot points?

Thanks for any input!

Welcome to WAL! I went with the long arms to retain good on-road driving. Despite my continuous move to more off-road capability, Peacemaker is my daily driver. However, I do live in Flagstaff where daily driving is 15 minutes to work...so I guess take that comment loosely haha! I can't tell you though what it would drive like without the long arms and coilovers. You would have to ask someone else with that set-up and see if they are happy. If you do decide to go long arms, then it's a bit more $$ and time for the install, so be prepared for the latter.

PEACEMAKER1

Awesome Jeep! Glad you’re putting it to use

Thanks! I am continually adding to my list of trips I want to take this year. I hope to one day get together and wheel with some of you awesome WAL memebers at some point.

Wow your build it’s awesome man great job!!

Thank you! I am currently in that stage of deciding how little $$$ I really want or need to live on :hmm:

PEACEMAKER1

It has been a while since I posted some updates, sorry about that. The beginning of this year has been a whirlwind with lots of work travel. But I was able to fit every other waking moment into the Jeep build :thumb: It has been nice having a break on all the large improvements, and I am heading out to Moab in two weeks to use it all!

So last month I was able to get the Rock Hard cage installed and I am very happy with the results. I also got my ham installed and I just bought a handheld CB for when I run with people who don't use ham. I also upgraded my drag link to the Synergy because I was getting flex in the stock drag link making my steering more loose than I wanted. The Synergy works great but it also barely fit on the 1550 knuckles with the massive tie rod there also. I am looking forward to upgrading to the complete PSC in the future, but this is working fine for now. I also got the stereo upgraded to a Sony AX5000 head unit, and I installed JBL club 6.5" components all the way around. They sounds so clear and it's not even funny how much of an improvement over the stock system. I also took out the 8" factory sub and I put a 10" kicker in the back, but I am still working on building a box that I like. I am trying to build something that is similar to the stock enclosure that saves as much space as possible while still being large enough for the 10"...so stay tuned on that. I also was able to install the amp for the sub under the passenger seat so it is tucked away and even high enough that if water entered the tub, I wouldn't really have any worries. And lastly, I finally got my rotopax installed :)

IMG_20190128_174841.jpg

IMG_20190128_175025.jpg

IMG_20190128_175038.jpg

IMG_20190128_174930.jpg

IMG_20190128_174914.jpg

IMG_20190128_174746.jpg

MVIMG_20190128_174820.jpg

IMG_20190128_174829.jpg

IMG_20190128_174810.jpg

PEACEMAKER1

Is that the CB up there? I was considering doing mine in the same position but wasn’t sure if there were any possible issues running power and cable to it. I’m thinking of doing it on an overhead molle panel.

It's my Ham. I just have a handheld CB that's clipped down on the passenger seat. But, yes the power wasn't an issue. I ran the power to the Ham from the battery through the firewall where there is a large wire harness with rubber grommet, then down along the door seal tucked under everything, up the B pillar and over to the unit. The antenna cable I have just makes the distance for where it is mounted now. I also like it mounted where it is because if it were to rain, the units are protected by the cage. I also chose to mount it there so the speaker is next to my ear so I can hear it clearly, and provide adequate cooling for the transceiver.

Top Bottom