Building of Crash

Once things get straightened around on the forum, ill be posting a bunch of pictures from the Rausch trip from this past weekend.

I have a big list that I'm still getting straightened around and trying to put a list together, but I'm 90% sure I'm going to try to put this into action sooner then later.

Prorock 44
-ARB locker
-ten factory shafts
-prosteers
-5.13s

ARB twin compressor
Arb 35 spline rear locker
Still deciding between revolution or dynatrac shafts
5.13s
Dynatrac diff cover
Adams 1350 shafts front and rear
Currie or synergy rear upper arms

If anyone has any other suggestions or sees any pieces of the puzzle im missing, please feel free to comment

ProGrip brakes if you don't already have them. Might as well do that at the same time.

I think I'm going ProGrips next as well. As much as I'd like to go for a set of slabs or chamber pro IIs, I think I'd rather be able to stop first.

My only suggestion...run a stainless braided line off the ARB if you run it from under your hood lol.

I'd make it a third on the progrips. It's one of those mods that makes you question the value since its not a "BIG SEXY THING" that everyone sees but its definitely worth it.
Especially with the wife & young one in there. :thumb:

Once things get straightened around on the forum, ill be posting a bunch of pictures from the Rausch trip from this past weekend.

I have a big list that I'm still getting straightened around and trying to put a list together, but I'm 90% sure I'm going to try to put this into action sooner then later.

Prorock 44
-ARB locker
-ten factory shafts
-prosteers
-5.13s

ARB twin compressor
Arb 35 spline rear locker
Still deciding between revolution or dynatrac shafts
5.13s
Dynatrac diff cover
Adams 1350 shafts front and rear
Currie or synergy rear upper arms

If anyone has any other suggestions or sees any pieces of the puzzle im missing, please feel free to comment

Just curious, why Ten Factory front shafts and Revolution or Dynatrac rear shafts?

Ten factory is one of the only companys besides RCV that makes shafts for the prorock i think. Chose them just to try to save a couple dollars.

Revolution and dynatrac ive heard nothing but good things about. Steve (cozdude) runs revolutions and loves them. Dynatrac just bc well, dynatrac lol. And im devating on getting their new 35 spline kit

Ten factory is one of the only companys besides RCV that makes shafts for the prorock i think. Chose them just to try to save a couple dollars.

Revolution and dynatrac ive heard nothing but good things about. Steve (cozdude) runs revolutions and loves them. Dynatrac just bc well, dynatrac lol. And im devating on getting their new 35 spline kit

Oh I just assumed Dynatrac made front shafts too, wasn't questioning you just curious. It seems Revolution are good from what I've read here

Yeah, i would love dynatrac front shafts

You just made my night! Thanks jerry!

Welcome buddy! Wish they had these when I got my front axle. Seeing how great these guys were dealing with an out of warranty shaft instead of the not too good stories I have heard about RCV...

That's what they're using on my axle too. From talking to Steve over there, it sounds like they can build the shafts for any axle. They build them there.

That's what they're using on my axle too. From talking to Steve over there, it sounds like they can build the shafts for any axle. They build them there.

Yeah, ive never done any "real" research. Just built the axle on a few different websites and never got the option for dynatrac shafts.

Subscribed! I plan on going with the exact same setup on my 2 dr. Running a budget boost and 4 dr coils right now and am tired of getting my ass kicked with the stiff ride. Looking forward to seeing pics of Crash on the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Subscribed! I plan on going with the exact same setup on my 2 dr. Running a budget boost and 4 dr coils right now and am tired of getting my ass kicked with the stiff ride. Looking forward to seeing pics of Crash on the trails.

Ive got plenty! Guess i never posted them in the build thread, they were just always in the thread of the trip lol

IMG_1480974233.855033.jpg

IMG_1480974249.274720.jpg

IMG_1480974266.909093.jpg

IMG_1480974293.096971.jpg

IMG_1480974306.811198.jpg

IMG_1480974334.653102.jpg

IMG_1480974376.858003.jpg

IMG_1480974403.012048.jpg

Just a few that were on my phone

Ive got plenty! Guess i never posted them in the build thread, they were just always in the thread of the trip lol

View attachment 233373

View attachment 233374

View attachment 233375

View attachment 233376

View attachment 233377

View attachment 233378

View attachment 233379

View attachment 233380

Just a few that were on my phone

It looks great! Anything you would do differently or recommend for someone getting ready to do this? Thinking I'll get the kit around Christmas (hopefully) or maybe after. I have 59 rears already so it looks like I can just keep those in there.

It looks great! Anything you would do differently or recommend for someone getting ready to do this? Thinking I'll get the kit around Christmas (hopefully) or maybe after. I have 59 rears already so it looks like I can just keep those in there.

Yeah, i have the 59 rears also, the evo leveling kit will lift you higher then it sayd bc your a light two door. I flexed out my jeep and actually measured for shocks. I ended up getting 3" lift shocks for the front and 2.5" shocks for the rear to compensate for my rockstars. If i had to do anything differently, i would of waited a little longer on shocks. Its hard to find a shock that rides like i want it too on a light two door. My opinion is tainted though because i regularly ride in cozdudes jeep or hinrichs jeep with coilovers. If anything, i would of spent more money and got either the Rancho 9000s or Kings. On the other hand, because im a little lower then most, make sure you have a nice skid setup. My forst trip on these shock i dented one fairly good. Im very very happy with my jeep for the amount of money i spent, with a wife and new born and being a young family living off one salary, its hard to afford all my bills and fuel my addiction. I honestly love my setup though and i can keep p with all my friends with the exceptions of a bypass or two in a day of wheeling. Gears and Lockers are next for me. That will make me fall inlove with my jeep all over again.

Yeah, i have the 59 rears also, the evo leveling kit will lift you higher then it sayd bc your a light two door. I flexed out my jeep and actually measured for shocks. I ended up getting 3" lift shocks for the front and 2.5" shocks for the rear to compensate for my rockstars. If i had to do anything differently, i would of waited a little longer on shocks. Its hard to find a shock that rides like i want it too on a light two door. My opinion is tainted though because i regularly ride in cozdudes jeep or hinrichs jeep with coilovers. If anything, i would of spent more money and got either the Rancho 9000s or Kings. On the other hand, because im a little lower then most, make sure you have a nice skid setup. My forst trip on these shock i dented one fairly good. Im very very happy with my jeep for the amount of money i spent, with a wife and new born and being a young family living off one salary, its hard to afford all my bills and fuel my addiction. I honestly love my setup though and i can keep p with all my friends with the exceptions of a bypass or two in a day of wheeling. Gears and Lockers are next for me. That will make me fall inlove with my jeep all over again.

Awesome info! I'll keep that in mind when I go this route. Skids will be next once I get the lift. I'm thinking of going with rancho 9000s. Once this is done then I'll be looking at gears and locking the rear. Thanks again for the info Im looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

Awesome info! I'll keep that in mind when I go this route. Skids will be next once I get the lift. I'm thinking of going with rancho 9000s. Once this is done then I'll be looking at gears and locking the rear. Thanks again for the info Im looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

Thanks! I hopefully have a deal worked up here soon to regear and lock my rear axle

Alright, so after having Crash up for sale for a while and trying to figure some other things out, me and my wife have decided to just keep Crash and find some other means of maybe saving a few dollars or even trying to increase our income a few doll hairs.

With being "forced" to keep Crash, i decided its time i spiffy him up and get him looking fresh and clean. He needs a good going through and i need to tend to some things I've been neglecting.

-A Good Bath
-Good interior wipe down
-Programmer to fix speedo and shift points finally [emoji849]
-A new top so i can actually fit everyday things in the back (for example: my daughters stroller)
-A good "smaller" carseat to get my daughter in and out of a two door (shes 8 months old)
-rear diff leak

And thats just the beginning of my list [emoji849]

Top Bottom