Building Clementine

rmccown

Got her home today. Initial impressions is that she doesn't drive a whole lot different than stock, except for the expected tire noise. Handles and behaves very well on the highway and secondary roads. I did have to re-learn the 'aim' to stay centered in the highway lane, since she's a bunch taller, I was driving left of center.

The sliders and side armor will be available in a week or so, and Rubicon flares are next on the TODO list. Well, getting the takeoff tires, suspension and driveshafts out of it is actually next.

118797753_10221174293218966_5256962265457657656_o.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Orange Santa brought the Rubicon flares this morning.

Nice. If you don't mind, when you get the old ones off, could you take a picture of the new ones next to your stock ones? Thinking about may be doing this on ours instead of lifting it.

rmccown

Nice. If you don't mind, when you get the old ones off, could you take a picture of the new ones next to your stock ones? Thinking about may be doing this on ours instead of lifting it.

Will do. Gonna unpack it tonight after work.

saulmvv

Got her home today. Initial impressions is that she doesn't drive a whole lot different than stock, except for the expected tire noise. Handles and behaves very well on the highway and secondary roads. I did have to re-learn the 'aim' to stay centered in the highway lane, since she's a bunch taller, I was driving left of center.

The sliders and side armor will be available in a week or so, and Rubicon flares are next on the TODO list. Well, getting the takeoff tires, suspension and driveshafts out of it is actually next.

View attachment 352725

What a rig [emoji1362]

rmccown

Talked to my local body shop guy. Bringing the Jeep by next Tuesday, which is when his paint guy shows up with the color match camera equipment. Scheduled for Oct 5 to get the flares painted. They're straight out busy now, but this guy is top-notch, done work for us before, and I dont mind waiting.

rmccown

Welp, with the cost of punk’n paint %#&$ing expensive to lay down, we decided to swap the flares for textured black for now, and look for a set of punk’n takeoff Rubicon flares in the future. Easy Sunday morning project.

IMG_2658.jpg IMG_2661.jpg IMG_2662.jpg IMG_2663.jpg IMG_2664.jpg IMG_2666.jpg IMG_2667.jpg IMG_2668.jpg IMG_2671.jpg IMG_2669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Looks good, Rubicon fenders are a much better look in my opinion. While I do prefer the color match, and sucks that didn't work out for you right now, I do think the black offsets with the orange nicely.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gyoja75

Welp, with the cost of punk’n paint %#&$ing expensive to lay down, we decided to swap the flares for textured black for now, and look for a set of punk’n takeoff Rubicon flares in the future. Easy Sunday morning project.

View attachment 353660 View attachment 353661 View attachment 353662 View attachment 353663 View attachment 353664 View attachment 353665 View attachment 353666 View attachment 353667 View attachment 353668 View attachment 353669

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks great. I really like the contrast.

Top Bottom