Build of my JKU

MericaMade

Help....

So with the D60 i had to grind out the rear brackets to fit the tube. When I set the bracket in the notch its seems like it is angled back to far 20 degree with the pinion set at 0 ? Picture 1.
Screenshot_20210906-141413_Photos.jpg

Or should I set the bracket 90 degrees from pinion like picture 2?

Screenshot_20210906-141418_Photos.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Help....

So with the D60 i had to grind out the rear brackets to fit the tube. When I set the bracket in the notch its seems like it is angled back to far 20 degree with the pinion set at 0 ? Picture 1.
View attachment 366783

Or should I set the bracket 90 degrees from pinion like picture 2?

View attachment 366784
I wouldn’t worry about the notch. The rotation would be different between lift heights. I’d set the pinion angle correctly for my axle.

Ddays

Hooked
Arms are the same length - I re-used mine and just bought the high clearance brackets. I would set the brackets with the arms having some adjustability so you can move a little in and out, not just solely on the pinion angle. Last thing you want is not being able to center the wheel with the lower arms.

MericaMade

Arms are the same length - I re-used mine and just bought the high clearance brackets. I would set the brackets with the arms having some adjustability so you can move a little in and out, not just solely on the pinion angle. Last thing you want is not being able to center the wheel with the lower arms.
Son of a Bitch, I asked Melvin on two occasions at Evo and he said no, wont work. That really pisses me off. I was fine running the rockskids and eventually switching over to the new brackets so it wasen't so much work at once. Bob Saget..... anyways thanks for the photos you sent me Jerry huge help!!

MericaMade

I’m just going to keep my mouth shut. I think I was told if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it. I don’t have a lot nice to say anymore.

If you need any photos I’m happy to share.
Thanks Jeff. You get your's fixed?

Ddays

Hooked
Son of a Bitch, I asked Melvin on two occasions at Evo and he said no, wont work. That really pisses me off. I was fine running the rockskids and eventually switching over to the new brackets so it wasen't so much work at once. Bob Saget..... anyways thanks for the photos you sent me Jerry huge help!!
I didn't ask them, so........ 🤷‍♂️

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Oh yes Melvin. On setting up my rear CO's he told me to place the reinforcement bracket over the rear most body mount. I said that's back by the bumper.

MericaMade

It’s finally over and she fought me to the end. The trackbar bracket on the UD60 was a concern after Mel put it on my radar telling me to pay close attention to where it sat and added I would most likely need to modify it for clearance. After cycling the suspension with one coil in to making sure the coils didn’t hit the bracket I though all was good. I put the coils in, tires back, on and set her on the ground and coils cleared but it was an uncomfortable amount of clearance. At this point I knew I was going to have a problem once I adjusted my pinion angle.

I went on check my rear pinion and needed to a make a slight adjustment which pushed the bracket into the driver coil like I expected. Moving the axle forward was not going to give me the clearance I needed and I really didn’t want to shorten the arms either. At this point I had no choice but to cut off the trackbar and shave her down to clear the coil. Not a difficult task just more work to do when I thought I was done. Anyways, after all said and done everything is cycling as needed and not rubbing or hitting. Took the Jeep for a drive and am happy with the way she is driving.

I will say the long arm kit by far was the most involved project on the jeep and I am glad I saved it for last.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
It’s finally over and she fought me to the end. The trackbar bracket on the UD60 was a concern after Mel put it on my radar telling me to pay close attention to where it sat and added I would most likely need to modify it for clearance. After cycling the suspension with one coil in to making sure the coils didn’t hit the bracket I though all was good. I put the coils in, tires back, on and set her on the ground and coils cleared but it was an uncomfortable amount of clearance. At this point I knew I was going to have a problem once I adjusted my pinion angle.

I went on check my rear pinion and needed to a make a slight adjustment which pushed the bracket into the driver coil like I expected. Moving the axle forward was not going to give me the clearance I needed and I really didn’t want to shorten the arms either. At this point I had no choice but to cut off the trackbar and shave her down to clear the coil. Not a difficult task just more work to do when I thought I was done. Anyways, after all said and done everything is cycling as needed and not rubbing or hitting. Took the Jeep for a drive and am happy with the way she is driving.

I will say the long arm kit by far was the most involved project on the jeep and I am glad I saved it for last.
Glad to hear you got it all done and that you like the drive. I agree, the long arm is super involved. lol

Top Bottom