Build of my JKU

So I thought the tooth being off was the issue. I made sure the front shaft was on the correct marks, reinstalled, torque to specs, checked pinion angles, took for a drive and vibrated like a SOB from 60 and up.

Recheck everything and came across this. Is this normal?

https://youtu.be/P64kLYs0aDo

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just saw this... my Adams 1350 front does the same exact thing. Took it to a shop and they said that it has vibes at 700rpm. They also said balancing wouldn’t help the issue since there’s play in the splines. I’m still running it but I’ll be swapping it out soon.

Edit: I’m also still running a stock dirty 30. I should also note that I called Adams about it and they said a little play was normal. I sent them a similar video of mine and got no response...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
You should drive it without the front ds and see how it is

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I have. I changed the pinion angle then through the shaft back on took it for a drive and vibration was still there 60 to 80 mph. Came back home topl the shaft off, took her on the same test drive and zero vibration as fast as a Jeep can go.

Took it to the drive shop they said I need to add an inch and a half to it. Two hundred bucks and I'll have it back.

Hopefully thats the end of this issue.

I have. I changed the pinion angle then through the shaft back on took it for a drive and vibration was still there 60 to 80 mph. Came back home topl the shaft off, took her on the same test drive and zero vibration as fast as a Jeep can go.

Took it to the drive shop they said I need to add an inch and a half to it. Two hundred bucks and I'll have it back.

Hopefully thats the end of this issue.

Nice, glad the vibes went away without it so you can be sure that was it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Finally got out yesterday to test the new PR44, Coilovers, and 5.13's. Meet up with Jdofmemi and ran Pilot Rock to Devils hole, nothing major but still a fun day. Man, what a world of difference with the new setup and money well spent. I have been running the new gears for a while but really felt them on the crawling and climbing. Jerry was a blast and pointed out I didn't have enough wheel damage and we needed to fix that LOL.

Ended up moving my lockers from the switch pros to the ARB switches just to give me that little extra insurance so I dont hit the wrong button.

Good news is now I have three extra switches opened on my Switchpros..... more lights Yay!20200528_192206.jpg

Top Bottom