Broken Rock Krawler Control Arm

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cool. I'm just a mall crawler so all this stuff is new to me. Thanks for the tip :yup:

Lol. I hate when people post up shit like this. You snapped the arm because you don't check your shit out. Your arm cracked because you bought a shit product.

People are dumb.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol. I hate when people post up shit like this. You snapped the arm because you don't check your shit out. Your arm cracked because you bought a shit product.

People are dumb.

Well, at least it was a lower control arm. The RK kit comes with 2 of them. Would have sucked if it were the one upper arm :crazyeyes:

Pyro1415

I'd like to now if it was sub par metallurgy, a stupid hard smack or what actually caused it. Whether qc or faulty design was our culprit.

dwvninety

Obviously he bought the wrong lift. He should have ordered the Rock Krawler Mall Krawler lift.....geez...

Journeyman

Wow. I did not realize that those control arms were solid steel. I understand the wanting to make them bomb proof. Back in the day when I was welding up snowmobile suspension arms we used cromoly tubing. Engineered to have some actual flex into the part. So I just assumed jk control arms were similar. But it's a jeep control arm, which I don't know much if anything about the whole suspension design process. But I do know that would be a difficult weld to get good penatration on the arm side. Unless there was plenty of preheat on the solid arm side, it's going to suck all the heat out of the weld causing no penatration.
Are most aftermarket arms solid like this RK?

JeepJeep75

It looks like there was a tiny hole in the weld seam that allowed water to fill in the entire space between the arm end and the bushing housing. It's a shitty looking weld, even without the rust.

Top Bottom