Brakes

HoosierWolf

I need some new brake pads. Anyone have thoughts or recommendations on brands or types you have experience with?

I am not looking at going for a "big brake kit" at this time. Someday, definitely. I use my jeep like a truck more times than not and so I'm often stopping a lot of weight. Pretty convinced that when that time comes I'll hand over the cash for the Dynatrac kit anyway.

rogerk93

I recently put on hawk ferro carbon pads and I have to say it is the best I’ve had on the Jeep so far. I’ve tried about 4 other brands and this is by far my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I need some new brake pads. Anyone have thoughts or recommendations on brands or types you have experience with?

I am not looking at going for a "big brake kit" at this time. Someday, definitely. I use my jeep like a truck more times than not and so I'm often stopping a lot of weight. Pretty convinced that when that time comes I'll hand over the cash for the Dynatrac kit anyway.

Pads that will last, metallic. Pads that are quiet, ceramic.

I've always used the cheapest pads I could find on a lot of different vehicles with no issues so far. I am very happy with the Dynatrac ProGrip kit though, once you go with it, you will notice a huge difference. That kit not only changes pads though, you get different brackets and rotors. But if I were in your shoes and were just getting some pads because it's time, I don't think you can go wrong with any brand from my experience.

HoosierWolf

From what I've read metallic or semi metallic seem to work better with heavier vehicles and payloads. Does that seem about right?

Tree Frog

Can't wait to wear out my brake pads so I get something that does not sound like a dying moose when I am leaving in the morning.
The sound of the factory brakes is just terrible.

Talked to the dealer as soon as I could right after I got it home.
Nope that's the normal sounds.

What did one guy say? Sounds like Chewbacca groaning? Hahaha yup...

Seth

Ceramic brake pads will produce less brake dust. I usually get the mid-grade pads at O'Reilly's or Autozone. What will make a big difference is when you upgrade to bigger breaks. Makes a huge difference with big tires.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Ceramic brake pads will produce less brake dust. I usually get the mid-grade pads at O'Reilly's or Autozone. What will make a big difference is when you upgrade to bigger breaks. Makes a huge difference with big tires.
Agree. I always sell the ceramic ones when I can to walk in customers. The semi-metallic ones make so much more dust.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom