Body mounted tire carrier.

ever have any issues with the latch coming open on it's own or getting loose and rattling against the tailgate?

I've looking at changing mine up for a body mount as well

Nope never. The carrier actually sits against the tailgate and part of it rests in the part that is drilled thru the body. That mount actually ties into the roll cage so it's very sturdy.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462760530.555431.jpg.

I run the or fab with roto pax and it does great for my 35's and I know it will take 37's when I get there.
View attachment 202415.
View attachment 202416.

Cozdude I have a question, so I'm assuming you've installed or helped someone install EVO skins or at the least I know you've seen them. Would you think the OR fab could work with the EVO corners? I have been debating so long on a tire carrier, seeing how they match up or what'll be easiest to install but still look good. I can't justify EVO tire carrier I don't really plan on running 40s in the future(at least 5+ years). So I'm just trying to get an idea since I do really like the or fab! Especially since I want to have extra gas cans too! Thank you ahead of time! [emoji106]

I have never hit my tire believe it or not. The only time I would have was in Moab and I eliminated that by making a rear stinger/hitch slider to protect it.
View attachment 202489.

I really like your build. Wanting mine to look similar to yours. I'm going to have to make me one of those as well. Hey random question but did Eddie make the knuckles sticker you have or did you have it made with the WAL? Really cool.

Cozdude I have a question, so I'm assuming you've installed or helped someone install EVO skins or at the least I know you've seen them. Would you think the OR fab could work with the EVO corners? I have been debating so long on a tire carrier, seeing how they match up or what'll be easiest to install but still look good. I can't justify EVO tire carrier I don't really plan on running 40s in the future(at least 5+ years). So I'm just trying to get an idea since I do really like the or fab! Especially since I want to have extra gas cans too! Thank you ahead of time! [emoji106]
I have looked and I don't think that they would work without modifying the or fab hinge bracket on the passenger side. The only way I would truly know tho is if I got my hands on a skin to see and unfortunately I haven't.

Glad you guys are talking about the body mounted tire carriers. I'm looking to get rid of my Expedition one bumper/ tire carrier for a body mount carrier and my skins won't allow the Evo one. I like the Genright but man that price tag!

I have looked and I don't think that they would work without modifying the or fab hinge bracket on the passenger side. The only way I would truly know tho is if I got my hands on a skin to see and unfortunately I haven't.

Thanks though for the advice! Pretty much any carrier I've seen uses the factory hinges to help mount but then the skins would hit or they use a big steel bracket on the drivers side which again would hit the skins!

Top Bottom