Black Rubicon Build Thread

cforgerson

Hey y'all, I bought my 2008 black 2dr Rubi in the beginning of February. I bought it as it is currently but have big plans for the future when I have more time and funds. I'm a newbie in the forum. This build is gonna be a slow one but I'm excited!

cforgerson

Welcome. Great looking rubi. What are your plans with it?

It has on a 3.5 inch Rock Krawler lift currently but I want to swap the coils and shocks to 4.5 inch, regear to 5.13, and get larger tires (37s or 40s). Then an evo rear tire carrier and fascia. Of course I'm gonna dream of an engine swap or supercharger but my list is pricey as is haha

cforgerson

Current mods:
-Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper
-Smittybiltt X2O Winch
-Poison Spyder rockers
-Rock Krawler 3.5 inch long arm lift with Pro Comp shocks
-15 inch Ion Alloy wheels
-35 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Claws

jagrubb99

It has on a 3.5 inch Rock Krawler lift currently but I want to swap the coils and shocks to 4.5 inch, regear to 5.13, and get larger tires (37s or 40s). Then an evo rear tire carrier and fascia. Of course I'm gonna dream of an engine swap or supercharger but my list is pricey as is haha

Welcome to WAL. Nice to see more 2 doors, good to keep the "tradition" alive. On another note, any reason for wanting to go to a taller spring/shock setup? Your Jeep already looks pretty tall as it sits and I think you could fit 37s with your current lift as I'm sure it yeilded more than the advertised height. Also I would stick with 37s with the 44s until you can upgrade. I'm sure others with much more experience will chime in, but if you wheel AT ALL you will break things running 40s on d44's. There is all kinds of useful info on this site and I'm sure it will help you out. Jeep looks great and good luck with the build!

cforgerson

Welcome to WAL. Nice to see more 2 doors, good to keep the "tradition" alive. On another note, any reason for wanting to go to a taller spring/shock setup? Your Jeep already looks pretty tall as it sits and I think you could fit 37s with your current lift as I'm sure it yeilded more than the advertised height. Also I would stick with 37s with the 44s until you can upgrade. I'm sure others with much more experience will chime in, but if you wheel AT ALL you will break things running 40s on d44's. There is all kinds of useful info on this site and I'm sure it will help you out. Jeep looks great and good luck with the build!

Thanks for the insight. The tires on the jeep are almost new so it'll be a while before then

Top Bottom