Big wave from Roseburg, OR.

Tree Frog

Hi folks,
Well I got a new jeep a little over a month ago. I have been busy reading and watching everything I could about them.
I used to have a CJ-5 but the wife talked me into selling it as she kept saying I was going to kill myself in it. I still miss that rig over all of the hot rods and muscle cars I have owned over the years.

So onto the new JK
I got a fully loaded Commando Green Rubicon. It was the last one my dealer claimed he could get in that color. Pretty much I had to have one in that color. I had gone up there to buy one with the black fenders and hard top but they had already sold it. Almost walked away to go to another dealer but they pulled it out and found this one.

Build plans are kind of mild compared to a lot of you.
I was not about to let the Rubbermaid bumpers stay and with in 2 days had them off and a set of Paramount Offroad Rock Crawlers on. (dealer had them in stock and the price was right for now)
Winch should be here in the morning. After really looking around a lot and reading a lot of reviews I went with a Smittybilt X2O 10,000lb. Comp series.
Already started setting up a recovery bag. After reading everything and getting some help from another forum I will go with the ARB 9000 snatch block.
Put a new shovel and axe in the back where they will live from now on until needed with a fire extinguisher just in case.
Plans are for an AEV lift in the 2-2.5 range.
Retain the stock Rubicon rims and will go a bit bigger on tires once I wear these out.
I feel skid plates are a must and plan on doing the Rock Hard set.
Also have a real need for a roof rack.

So anyway, I really like this site and am glad to be here.:standing wave:

David1tontj

Welcome! I'm up here in Corvallis. Good to see more Oregonians on wayalife!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Welcome to WayaLife Oregonian !! I love that state, the wife and I can't get enough of that coast. We come up to see my brother in Grants Pass every now and then and soak in the great scenery ( until we start seeing the webs forming between the toes then it's back to AZ to dry out and see the sun again!). Welcome!:standing wave:

Top Bottom