Big Dogs Off Road Park Gore, VA

GRNHORN

There are a few Jeep events that will be happening in Gore, VA sponsored by Big Dogs Off-road. He does these events throughout the year and has opened a new park in WVA. I have talked to him through email and he has stated that the park in Gore, VA has better facilities and trails.

The first event is a spring fling June 13th – 15th. There is camp sites and local hotels, however, I think everyone will have more fun camping. They have a camp area that has electricity along with hot showers.

http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/html/agenda1.html

The second event is Summer Slam August 17th – 18th.

http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/html/agenda2.html

I just want to see who all would be interested. If everyone can pick what event they would be interested in and available for I will start planning and coordinating. I will contact Big Dogs again to see about getting us all in the same area. We would probably have to meet some where close by and go in together to guarantee we are in the same area. The trails at this place vary from easy to possible body damage.

http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/html/trail_rides.html

Below is the link the Big dogs OffRoad main page.

http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/index.html

Let me know if anyone is interested.

June 13th - 15th -

August 17th -18th
GRNHORN
cosdude
noroad
JKLife

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks awesome! The first date I couldn't make but possibly August I could do!

Sent from my iPhone

GRNHORN

It looks like it will be only us three, also it seems I have the dates wrong in Aug instead of the 17th-18th it looks like the event is the Aug 9th-10th.

If you all are still good with these dates I will start looking into what we need and coordinating everything for this event. I think it will provide an opportunity to check out another park and test your jeeps on some new trails. I will also be meeting some other wayalife folks for a suds and grub in a few weeks. I will mention this to them and try to get some more involved.

I will keep you all posted.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
holy hell! i just realized its a 3 1/2 drive lol i will still try and make it, just need to make sure my schedule is clear for the 9th now cause i will be coming off a vaction down at the beach.

mikefishes

sadly it doesnt look like there is a trail map so i can check it out?

Coz, I have run this event several times and it is always a blast. It's about 45 minutes from my crib if you need a free place to crash before or after. I'd definitely try and run it with you if you come down.

Mike

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Coz, I have run this event several times and it is always a blast. It's about 45 minutes from my crib if you need a free place to crash before or after. I'd definitely try and run it with you if you come down.

Mike

thanks Mike i appreciate that! i will let you know as the date gets closer

GRNHORN

There is camping at this site along with rental cabins. One campsite has electricity and another has the hot showers. Of course you have to pay $10 a day for the electricity. Below are the rates for camping and cabin rental. I looked on the site and couldn't find a map of the trails only the campsites. This weekend I will take a trip out and look it over and see if I can get a map of trails. I have been out there once to look around and it is a very nice campsite. According to the bigdogs offroad website the trails vary much like RC trails.

Camping-- Per person per 24 hours
Each Adult- $15.00
Each Child (Ages 2-11)- $7.00
Minimum Fee per Site- $30.00
Deposit Fee- $35.00 Per Site
There is a 3-night minimum when a reservation is made on holiday weekends and a 2-night minimum with a reservation on all other weekends.
Deposit fees are nonrefundable.
General Admission-- Per Person
Friday through Sunday and Holidays
Each Adult- $15.00
Each Child (Ages 2-11)- $7.00
Monday through Thursday
Each person $7.00
*Lakeside Cabin--Per Night
Up to 4 people--$90.00
Additional people pay the regular admission fee for campers
Two night minimum occupancy on weekends
Check-in is after 2pm
Nonrefundable deposit fee of $95.00 required

noroad

As of right now i have August 6th,7th 10th, and 11th off! so i would only need to PTO the 8th and 9th to have a 6 day adventure to the VA :wings:

GRNHORN

holy hell! i just realized its a 3 1/2 drive lol i will still try and make it, just need to make sure my schedule is clear for the 9th now cause i will be coming off a vaction down at the beach.

Come on Steve, I drive 31/2 hours to PA for RC. I haven't been to any of these events but I am talking with John from Big Dogs and trying to set it up so we all have a great time, and there is camping.

You tell me what you like to drink and I will make sure there is plenty for you.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Come on Steve, I drive 31/2 hours to PA for RC. I haven't been to any of these events but I am talking with John from Big Dogs and trying to set it up so we all have a great time, and there is camping.

You tell me what you like to drink and I will make sure there is plenty for you.

lol trust me the drive isnt an issue i was just shocked to see it was that far. i thought it was a little closer for some reason lol.

GRNHORN

Ok, so I have been talking with the guy from Big Dogs and he has sent me some informaiton via email, I just don't know how to transfer it to this forum. We need to register for the event to make sure we can get a spot.

He doesn't have any maps of the trails. I stated I was going to the camp grounds to see what I could get but haven't been able to make it out there yet. I will get out there but it might be a couple of weekends before I can.

Andrew I have your email address so I will forward the information to you. Steve if you pm me your email I will forward to you as well. Anyone else that is planning on going if you pm me your email I will send to you as well.

Top Bottom