Bfg ko2

socalsailor88

I have installed this on many different vehicles and haven't hear a bad thing yet. My only complaint about them is that tale a lot of weight to balance out.

FastZach

Thanks for your pic, it is really helpful.

Another thing I want to know is that if rotating 5 tires, how many miles will more than only do 4?

Another train of thought with rotating the spare is if you use your Jeep as a DD or not. I believe most people who do, only do a 4 tire rotation as they don't want to replace 5 tires. If the Jeep is a weekend Jeep then most people do a 5 tire rotation.

JWT

I switched about 3k ago from 315/70 duras to 35x12.5 ko2s, still using the factory rubicon alloys w/ 1.5 in spacers. I can say that the ko2s are quieter, but the fact that they are e rated (duras are c or d) means they absolutely ride stiffer. On glass smooth interstate they're great, but much bouncier otherwise.

As far as off-road goes, I am guessing they'll be great, but again, because they are so much tougher (That's actually the main reason I wanted to switch-too many rumors about the dura sidewalls not liking sharp rocks), I feel like they don't conform to obstacles as well as the duras. My general sense with the Goodyears was that they were the tire equivalent of rock climbing shoes--sticky and very conforming. Truth be told, I've only been off road with the KO2s so far on wet rocks, and I don't think anything does really well in the rain on cold wet rocks.

I ran 27 psi or so in the duras and they seemed to wear fine. I am at 42 psi in the ko2s--it looked to me like the KO2s were going to start wearing funny on the outsides if I didn't add more air. Obviously, if they would wear evenly at 30 psi, I would be fine and have no complaints at all.

I think both tires are an excellent choice, and I am happy with my decision to switch.

Last edited:

Greenman!

I switched about 3k ago from 315/70 duras to 35x12.5 ko2s, still using the factory rubicon alloys w/ 1.5 in spacers. I can say that the ko2s are quieter, but the fact that they are e rated (duras are c or d) means they absolutely ride stiffer. On glass smooth interstate they're great, but much bouncier otherwise.

As far as off-road goes, I am guessing they'll be great, but again, because they are so much tougher (That's actually the main reason I wanted to switch-too many rumors about the dura sidewalls not liking sharp rocks), I feel like they don't conform to obstacles as well as the duras. My general sense with the Goodyears was that they were the tire equivalent of rock climbing shoes--sticky and very conforming. Truth be told, I've only been off road with the KO2s so far on wet rocks, and I don't think anything does really well in the rain on cold wet rocks.

I ran 27 psi or so in the duras and they seemed to wear fine. I am at 42 psi in the ko2s--it looked to me like the KO2s were going to start wearing funny on the outsides if I didn't add more air. Obviously, if they would wear evenly at 30 psi, I would be fine and have no complaints at all.

I think both tires are an excellent choice, and I am happy with my decision to switch.

Thank you for this!

swampdog

They will wear evenly at 30 psi...I run mine at 29 and that is the sweet spot for my rig. Run a chalk test to check coverage, but for the love of god don't run these things at 42 psi. Your teeth and back will thank me.

Bluetango

Another train of thought with rotating the spare is if you use your Jeep as a DD or not. I believe most people who do, only do a 4 tire rotation as they don't want to replace 5 tires. If the Jeep is a weekend Jeep then most people do a 5 tire rotation.

I use my jk as a DD most days. I saw lots of people do 4 tires not 5. But there is a big question that we all know rubber has there life time as well especially my place have very strong UV at summer. I don't know,if my tires need be replaced 3-4 years once, maybe it is the time replaced them all. Even I do like spend as less as I could.

Because I do not have off road tire use experience, for the theory above, I need seek some info and good advice.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I use my jk as a DD most days. I saw lots of people do 4 tires not 5. But there is a big question that we all know rubber has there life time as well especially my place have very strong UV at summer. I don't know,if my tires need be replaced 3-4 years once, maybe it is the time replaced them all. Even I do like spend as less as I could.

Because I do not have off road tire use experience, for the theory above, I need seek some info and good advice.

Rotate all five regardless of what you get! Chances are you might want something different next time around. Don't be one of those jackasses running around with a spare that doesn't match - OK!

This thread is just what I was looking for. I currently run 33x12.5x15 duratracs and I love them to death, but they don't make 35s with a 15 inch wheel. Another member on the forum recommended I look at the ko2. Has anyone on here made the switch from duratracs to ko2s?

I went from 255 75R 17 Duras to 35" BFG KO2s recently when I bought my lift. The Duras were awesome on snow and ice covered hills and did fine on limited trail runs. The KO2s do well in slippery icy conditions also as both are snow and ice rated tires. But the KO2s offer more confidence on the trail as they are harder and have a more durable sidewall. I've read comments that say that they aren't excellent in mud (they aren't MT tires, they are AT!) but I can attest that they performed excellently in steep uphill icy mud at Windrock Mtn last month where I thought for sure I'd be winching myself out. These tires rock. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459046876.860039.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459046890.591375.jpg

Greenman!

I went from 255 75R 17 Duras to 35" BFG KO2s recently when I bought my lift. The Duras were awesome on snow and ice covered hills and did fine on limited trail runs. The KO2s do well in slippery icy conditions also as both are snow and ice rated tires. But the KO2s offer more confidence on the trail as they are harder and have a more durable sidewall. I've read comments that say that they aren't excellent in mud (they aren't MT tires, they are AT!) but I can attest that they performed excellently in steep uphill icy mud at Windrock Mtn last month where I thought for sure I'd be winching myself out. These tires rock. View attachment 194781 View attachment 194782

Thank you for the reply! I'm pretty convinced at this point. First is a regear, then the ko2s. I hope Uncle Sam is kind to me with my tax return next year...

Top Bottom