Best tire for an everyday driver and weekend wheel'n? (still a newb)

Nengrana

Hey WAL! I am happy to say I finally got some mods for my Jeep and am now looking for the right 33" tire, if there is one. I drive about 60 miles round trip to work Mon-Fri. I live close to the mountains and want to more hit trails on the weekends. What tire would you all recommend? A work friend told me to consider the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R.
Got a 2" level kit for the front, new shocks, and rear ELocker.
Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Buick Guy

I am replacing my Wrangler Duratracs tomorrow after 50k miles they could probably go a couple more thousand miles but with winter coming I don't want to chance it and for daily driving and off-reading here in Ohio I have never run a better tire.

Clark Griswold

I am running the same lift with 33" BFG AT KO's and have about 43k miles on them and love them. I run mud sand and snow primarily and have never been disappointed, can't wait to upgrade to 35's of the new KO2's if these current ones ever wear out.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey WAL! I am happy to say I finally got some mods for my Jeep and am now looking for the right 33" tire, if there is one. I drive about 60 miles round trip to work Mon-Fri. I live close to the mountains and want to more hit trails on the weekends. What tire would you all recommend? A work friend told me to consider the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R.
Got a 2" level kit for the front, new shocks, and rear ELocker.
Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

BFG KO2, i had KOs and moved to 37 KO2, the KO2 are better than the KO.

I've got friends that run the MT/R and they start out ok but once they get miles on them they don't like them as a DD.

I've talked to other owners I've met wheeling and heard the same thing, good on the trail not so good on the road for longer drives

Eezybreezy08

I would not suggest the good year mtr. I have them and they just wear out bad in the long run. Now don't get me wrong, they have lasted longer than what I had imagined while being a rugged looking off-road tire but even with rotating them, they still wear uneven in the long run

Nengrana

KO2s it is

Thanks all! I have checked out the KO2s and I think those will be best. Read up on them, watched youtube reviews, and theyre affordable. Really appreciate all the help and comments.
Cheers!

Peak

I'm running 37 BFG KO, bought them before the KO2 came out or else I'd be running those. From what I've read those have the best tread life for a DD.

hawklee

Does the BFG KO2 have white lettering on both side walls or white on one side black on the other?

GoldenJK

White letters go to the inside. Only mall crawlers show the white!
I have the mtr in a 305/70/17 which is about 34" diameter. Have run 40K on them and still have lots of tread but the wear is uneven so I need to replace them. Going with Nitto Grappler MT in a 35x12.5x17 or maybe 37s. Jeeps fit bigger tires real well so wouldn't go smaller than a 35.

Top Bottom