Beadlock Balance

jesse3638

Hooked
What JY said. It is against their corporate policy. They used to do it for a long time now they won’t because they don’t want someone to report them. I’ve had a few managers tell me they would love to but can’t take the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I did not know that. As mentioned they have no problem balancing and rotating them. They just won't mount or break them down.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JYough

What JY said. It is against their corporate policy. They used to do it for a long time now they won’t because they don’t want someone to report them. I’ve had a few managers tell me they would love to but can’t take the risk.

Yep, and exactly the same reason why they won’t put bigger tires on my dually. Too much liability to come back on them if anything goes wrong.

That’s funny to hear and I’m sure true. My local DT balances and rotates mine and 4-5 other friends that go there. They will do everything but mount them. I did buy the Nittos and KMCs from them so that might help my cause.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I did not know that. As mentioned they have no problem balancing and rotating them. They just won't mount or break them down.

Wish it worked that way here. I buy my tires from them but mount them myself and take them to another shop to have them balanced. It’s a pain.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Not here in Texas. Last time I tried to have Discount tire balance my beadlocks they told me they were illegal to have on the road and they wouldn’t touch them. I even asked if I could take them off the Jeep and bring them in the bed of a pickup they said no.

They actually have a corporate bulletin in their system that states what they can and can’t do. Most stores just don’t know that but if you walk in and tell them to look it up they will find it.

They CAN:
-Rotate and Balance
-Break down the back bead if you bring it in loose with the front off

They CAN’T:
-break down the tires
-break a back bead if it was pulled off in the parking lot
-Pull a tire off the wheel even if carried in without the ring
-Put a tire on the wheel.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
OP for what it’s worth, I’m running 37” Ridge Grapplers on Trail Ready beadlocks and haven’t balanced them. They could probably use a little weight on one or two, but not enough to matter much.

210JKU

OP for what it’s worth, I’m running 37” Ridge Grapplers on Trail Ready beadlocks and haven’t balanced them. They could probably use a little weight on one or two, but not enough to matter much.

Appreciate the info. I’ll look into those.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They actually have a corporate bulletin in their system that states what they can and can’t do. Most stores just don’t know that but if you walk in and tell them to look it up they will find it.

They CAN:
-Rotate and Balance

They CAN’T:
-break down the tires

Do you have that bulletin you can post?

JYough

They CAN:
-Rotate and Balance

They CAN’T:
-break down the tires

That’s good to know.

Top Bottom