BDS Suspensions?

Tigereye10

Alright while at the Bantam Jeep Fest. I did chat among some every cool Jeepers and saw what they were running and such, but this one caught my attention. I've never heard of them before but if they are any good I might change the suspension I was originally going with.

Here it is the BDS 3" suspension lift kit: http://bds-suspension.com/kit-customizer?kid=1403H

Now my questions are,
1- Have any of you heard about them/run them? If so great, good, bad, ugly?
2- If I do choose them I will be changing from going with a 2.5" to a 3" lift, is there anything more I need to get/do that is not in this kit?
3- Would it be worth it to pay the extra for the quick disconnect sway bar links they offer?

Keep in mind my Jeep is a daily driver and will most likely do some weekend trails here and there, also will have 35" tires eventually.

JKbrick

Could be wrong but I think they are from coldwater Michigan. My neighbor owns a used car lot and every jeep he gets he takes up there to have them put a lift on, I'll have to look one over, he drives them home all the time

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
this kit uses cam bolts for caster correction and frame side drop bracket for rear track bar. i wouldn't use either. what size of tire are you planning on running? flat or factory fenders?edit, saw you plan on 35"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ X's 2. Down the road you will seriously wish you never used cam bolts...and you will have to spend some money to unwind the damage you have done.

Tigereye10

kk, I do plan to keep the stock fenders for the time being, so apart from the cam bolts and drop brackets what should I use or have to get instead of those. Total noob to all this since its the first vehicle I've owned that I could lift, haha. :crazyeyes:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Not knowing your budget, I would stick with what you have and save up money for a quality lift kit. Evo enforcer is what I would recommend. Get your tires and other parts stock piled up and when you have enough you can do it right the first time. Didn't make sense to buy a kit with a bunch of parts you aren't gonna use.
You can also piece together a lift with quality parts. You can buy all the parts for the enforcer lift one at a time.

Norice4me66

I use there coils and there great so far just my 2 cents had them for about a year.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

turbineguy

Alright while at the Bantam Jeep Fest. I did chat among some every cool Jeepers and saw what they were running and such, but this one caught my attention. I've never heard of them before but if they are any good I might change the suspension I was originally going with.

Here it is the BDS 3" suspension lift kit: http://bds-suspension.com/kit-customizer?kid=1403H

Now my questions are,
1- Have any of you heard about them/run them? If so great, good, bad, ugly?
2- If I do choose them I will be changing from going with a 2.5" to a 3" lift, is there anything more I need to get/do that is not in this kit?
3- Would it be worth it to pay the extra for the quick disconnect sway bar links they offer?

Keep in mind my Jeep is a daily driver and will most likely do some weekend trails here and there, also will have 35" tires eventually.

I ran the BDS 3" inch suspension for two years with BDS adjustable front trackbar, and BDS front lower ajustable control arms. (sold and replaced)

The BDS suspension was probably the most common suspension I saw running on the trail, mainly because so many shops deal with them (I'm sure because they give good kick backs).

Pro's:
1. it's ride was good, very close to stock.
2. My local shop was a dealer, and I had it installed before I was comfortable doing stuff myself.
3. The arms were really beefy

Con's:
1. I ended up having to put on 3/4" spacers on the front to get rid of a slight rake.
2. The quick disconnect plastic pieces of the front swaybar arms would get ripped off while wheeling. (Easy to replace)

Consensus: I would only recommend buying it if you were going to get at least the front LCAs, and you got a good deal. It doesn't have the name cache as other brands.

Tigereye10

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm thinking I'll probably stick with my original plan of the 2.5" lift since the 3" may require a few extra parts that aren't in my budget atm. :thumb:

Top Bottom