BARE ESSENTIALS : Trying on a Little Something Smaller for Size

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This. Almost hit a deer coming back from big bear the other day . Jumped out of the bushes on the passenger side and crossed the road as I was going 45 downhill .

Bumper is also for the a-holes drivers in LA :)

Minimalist does look really clean .. Jet got some sweet upgrades lately

The a-hole drivers in LA is why I'd want something more for sure. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with that anymore :crazyeyes:

I feel like Moby took Jet aside and said “now look, you’re not new here anymore, we’ve got another kid coming soon you gotta be ready to show it who’s next in line after I retire”
Jet: “but you’re not going anywhere”
Moby: “ that may be, but I ain’t gonna have no jeep truck giving me attitude so you better be ready to step up”
Jet “ Damnit Moby, I don’t even have coilovers or 40’s yet, why am I stuck in the middle”
Moby “cuz Rubicat isn’t here anymore kid, and I’m too old to be fighting”
Jet “Ah fuck”

:cheesy: Too funny :)

Love the bare bones look!

Me too! :cool:

Who else went on the hunt to find the pieces to make this happen on a JK after seeing this thread...? I can’t be alone here.

Super easy to to on a JK. Here's how I did it on Moby back in the day.

DSC06696.jpg

DSC06700.jpg

I really thought it was a 1/4 pounder at first from a far away pic! Looks good on jet!

Thanks! I just need to get that sway bar motor clocked and this will be a great setup.

That looks sweet! I wonder if I can do something like this on my JK.

You sure can and with ease. Way cheaper than buying a bumper if only because there is no bumper :crazyeyes:

That looks great!!! Clean and simple.

TheGrendel

what do you do with your fog light harnesses? on my last Jeep, when taped them up with electrical tape and zip tied them out of the way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
what do you do with your fog light harnesses? on my last Jeep, when taped them up with electrical tape and zip tied them out of the way.

So, on the JL, the fog light wiring is connected to a plug on the frame rail. I just disconnected it and all is good. :yup:

jeepguy225

I like it! And it's cost effective. Any ideas on how to add a front skid plate to this setup? I still haven't found an aftermarket bumper that I like better than what you are running here. Maybe it's time I buy a welder.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like it! And it's cost effective. Any ideas on how to add a front skid plate to this setup? I still haven't found an aftermarket bumper that I like better than what you are running here. Maybe it's time I buy a welder.

I'm pretty sure M.O.R.E. makes something that will work.

Top Bottom