Barbarossa- The Red Beard Pirate

Lil Nasty

Black Savage

I've been waiting to get some better items installed on my jeep before starting a build thread. I just realize I was becoming the frog in a pot of water. As the time passes my Jeep is slowing getting built and I haven't started a thread on it. So here it is.

The first day home with my new to me 2012 Jeep JKU Sahara with 16,000 miles.
IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1154.JPG IMG_1155.JPG

The first thing that I did was buy a hard top removal device or build something like that. haha
IMG_1179.JPG IMG_1180.JPG

Then I decided that I wanted a Spiderweb shade due to being so fair skinned. Even tested it out in the rain on the first day.
IMG_1725.JPG IMG_1727.jpg IMG_1732.jpg

Not long after having the jeep the first blind spot vs pole occurrence happened. Cool people get rock rash or tree scrapes, not me.
IMG_1361.JPG

After running around on my days off with not top or doors I learned that the cat loved my jeep just as much as me. I had to find a way to keep them out of the inside, so I bought a cover.
IMG_1243.JPG

So my mother decided she liked my Jeep so much that she had to buy one..... already lifted and on 35's. Thanks Mom! It's time to get my shit together.
IMG_1376.JPG IMG_1379.JPG IMG_1382.JPG IMG_1424.JPG

Started my MUST have list (that changes what seems like weekly). On in was an LOD front bumper with stinger. It had all the things I wanted like recessed winch mounting and factory fog light holes. I liked the design and the way it made the front of the Jeeps I had seen it on look.
IMG_1506.JPG IMG_1507.JPG IMG_1508.JPG IMG_1509.JPG

I ordered the Poison Spyder Rock brawler rear bumper with tire carrier for some of the same reasons. I like how it looked and I like how it linked to the rear door without have to open up separately. I didn't get many pictures of the installation or the final result.
IMG_1580.JPG

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Lol. The pole comment cracked me up. Anyway, looks like you are on your way to a very solid build. Keep the pics coming. :beer:

Lil Nasty

Seen a 2014 with the new clear turn signals and decided that they would look better on black then the amber ones.
IMG_1572.JPG IMG_1573.JPG

My work offers safety points for not getting hurt. lol so I cashed them out for Cabela's gift cards. I added $200 from my pocket and bought the winch I wanted. Warn Powerplant 9.5
IMG_2247.jpg

Found some 35" Nitto Terragrapplers with 50% tread left.
IMG_2467.jpg IMG_2468.jpg

Later while searching Craigslist I found some Federal MT's with 3000 miles and factory take offs for $1000.
tires.jpg

Two days later I found some rims for $500. I installed them all at the same time.
IMG_2481.jpg

Needed to shine it up to show off the new jewelry.
IMG_2548.jpg

Purchased a EVO level kit from a member to replace the Skyjacker kit I bought the jeep with. I had already replaced the skyjacker shocks with some Bilstein 5100's. so all I needed to change out was the springs and remove the spacer. This picture is with the EVO coil on the driver side and the factory coil and spacer on the left.
IMG_2549.jpg
after IMG_2550.jpg before IMG_2481.jpg

I have since sold the the rims and tires and bought some Poison Spyder Aluminum Crusher fenders. Waiting on paint and install to get new pictures. The factory Rubicon rims and worn out 33" Dick Cepek Mt's don't look as good but they won't be on there long. I'm trying to sell my ATV to fund my rims and tires.

Last edited:

Lil Nasty

Here's a quick update. This is a picture showing off the PS crusher flares and the newly installed Trektop NX. She's very dirty because I'm too lazy to wash.

IMG_1476771025.249366.jpg

The EVO rock sliders are waiting on me to paint them and weld them on. The ATX Slabs arrived along with the Toyo MT's. Hopefully all will be mounted by the end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lil Nasty

Well...hello there gorgeous! Finally finished the rims and mounted the tires. Put one on with the wrong sidewall facing out. I had to get violent to unmount it. Beadlock bolts are very tedious and getting a 37" tire on the tire rack is a chore. I was going to regear for the immediate future but Dynatrac's 60's package is calling my name. New rims might go up for sale not long after being mounted. We'll see. First I need to mount the evo sliders.
IMG_3895.jpg IMG_3896.jpg IMG_3897.jpg

Lil Nasty

So I've been offshore since November 23 and money is burning a hole in my pocket book. :dont_tell: I've decided to forgo the idea of 60's for the time being. The cost of upgrade is too high atm and I really don't go offroad yet. So I'm going to stick with the D44 in the rear and replace the D30 with a PR44. I'm going to get the 35 spline rear axle package from Dynatrac and put 5.13 revolution gears. For the PR44, if you had my money, who would you buy it from and how would you set it up? I have 3 probable site sponsoring vendors in mind. I know each of them offer something slightly different then the other as far as available options. So seriously spend my money :twocents: for me and buy me a nice Prorock 44.

And I promise to work on painting the sliders and getting them welded on this next hitch home. If the weather cooperates and stops with the monsoon. :crazyeyes:

WJCO

Meme King
So I've been offshore since November 23 and money is burning a hole in my pocket book. :dont_tell: I've decided to forgo the idea of 60's for the time being. The cost of upgrade is too high atm and I really don't go offroad yet. So I'm going to stick with the D44 in the rear and replace the D30 with a PR44. I'm going to get the 35 spline rear axle package from Dynatrac and put 5.13 revolution gears. For the PR44, if you had my money, who would you buy it from and how would you set it up? I have 3 probable site sponsoring vendors in mind. I know each of them offer something slightly different then the other as far as available options. So seriously spend my money :twocents: for me and buy me a nice Prorock 44.

And I promise to work on painting the sliders and getting them welded on this next hitch home. If the weather cooperates and stops with the monsoon. :crazyeyes:

I would go right to the source, Dynatrac. They'll answer any questions you have and if there are any issues, they're right there to deal with it rather than a 3rd party. They are very happy to spend as much time with you on the phone as needed.

As far as setup, I don't know what your budget is, but I did their axle shafts, the 1/2 tubes, their ball joints, their brakes. And an ARB.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I was interested in the options for brackets. I know some weld on the track bar bracket and some bolt on. I guess they'll do whatever I ask?

The ProRock44 comes with a Dynatrac bracket welded on. If you're going to run hi-steer, let them know. I'm sure they can weld on a raised bracket of your choice. They did on mine.

JeepJeep75

Your rig is looking sharp! I liked the bashed fender story too. I feel your pain. I bent a rear flange by clipping a curb near my house. [emoji20]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I think this is wise idea for you to do and if it were me, I would buy directly from Dynatrac. Sure, you can save money by buying from a vendor but you have to remember, they're hourly grease monkeys are the ones will be assembling your axle. If you buy directly from Dynatrac, their expert technicians are the ones who will be assembling things. Just my 2¢

Lil Nasty

I think this is wise idea for you to do and if it were me, I would buy directly from Dynatrac. Sure, you can save money by buying from a vendor but you have to remember, they're hourly grease monkeys are the ones will be assembling your axle. If you buy directly from Dynatrac, their expert technicians are the ones who will be assembling things. Just my 2¢

Thanks. There is lots of guys going to bigger so it's easy to catch the bug. It's always suggested by yourself and others that have been doing it a while to get what you need not necessarily what you want. It took some soul searching and pride swallowing to stay within my means so to speak. Thanks for always having and sharing solid advice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. There is lots of guys going to bigger so it's easy to catch the bug. It's always suggested by yourself and others that have been doing it a while to get what you need not necessarily what you want. It took some soul searching and pride swallowing to stay within my means so to speak. Thanks for always having and sharing solid advice.

Believe me, I know exactly where you're coming from. I've been doing this for a LONG time and have definitely been there. It is a big reason why I recommend what I do now and I think you'll be plenty happy with what you're planning on doing. :yup:

Lil Nasty

Just a quick little progression day.
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG IMG_4055.JPG IMG_4056.JPG IMG_4058.JPG

It's not a Progrip or BBK but it's better than stock and it was within my budget. For some reason my rear brake pads wore fast than the fronts.

On a side note, its past time to upgrade the rear axle. The factory seals are shot and oil is everywhere. Parking brake has to be useless right now.

Top Bottom