BANDIT - 2023 Jeep JT Gladiator Rubicon

I’ve been going back and forth on going with the Bilstein shocks myself on Puma. They really do pair nice with the EVO coils for the price. It’s that or just bite the bullet with some KING 2.5’s because I also love that combo.

Are you going to stay with the 4.10’s for now or regearing?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been going back and forth on going with the Bilstein shocks myself on Puma. They really do pair nice with the EVO coils for the price. It’s that or just bite the bullet with some KING 2.5’s because I also love that combo.
For sure, the Kings are awesome but they're typically back ordered and I'm just not sure that most people really need them. The Bilsteins do pair up well with the EVO coils and even better, they're typically available and cost a lot less 🤪
Are you going to stay with the 4.10’s for now or regearing?
We'll be testing it out with 4.10s but have a feeling I'll be scheduling some time to have you make a change for that and sooner than later LOL

waynem

That said, I am considering installing drop brackets but wanted to at least test things out without them first, just to get a real side by side feel/comparison of things.
That could be the making of a great video. Your opinions always bring out the most interesting Youtube commentary :)

For sure, the Kings are awesome but they're typically back ordered and I'm just not sure that most people really need them. The Bilsteins do pair up well with the EVO coils and even better, they're typically available and cost a lot less 🤪

We'll be testing it out with 4.10s but have a feeling I'll be scheduling some time to have you make a change for that and sooner than later LOL
Yes Bilsteins are muuuuuch cheaper lol I will say the KINGS have been readily available again, especially the non-adjustable.

Haha just say when, happy to help! I have a feeling you won’t be on 4.10’s long, especially since you tow with it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Bilsteins are muuuuuch cheaper lol I will say the KINGS have been readily available again, especially the non-adjustable.
That's great to hear and really, I find that the adjustable ones are kind of useless or at least, I find that MOST people NEVER end up adjusting theirs or if they do, they find what I always try to tell them - IT ONLY MAKES THEM STIFFER. Which, is a good thing if you're bombing across the desert and looking to keep your rig together but as far as ride quality goes, I find they feel best out of the box. But then, that's just me.
Haha just say when, happy to help! I have a feeling you won’t be on 4.10’s long, especially since you tow with it.
Awesome! I think if we weren't going to tow with it, 4.10s would be fine but I have a feeling with 37's AND towing, it's gonna suck.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Racked up and ready to grow this Gladiator!

20240422131616-1016a88f.jpg

Good by stock springs and shocks and other components :)
20240422131619-ab22f530.jpg

Hello new EVO springs, adjustable lower control arms, sway bar links, track bar and Bilstein shocks!
20240422131620-618dd521.jpg

20240422131622-6b1b3b0f.jpg

20240422131623-c37565ea.jpg

:cool:

jeeeep

Hooked
Racked up and ready to grow this Gladiator!

20240422131616-1016a88f.jpg

Good by stock springs and shocks and other components :)
20240422131619-ab22f530.jpg

Hello new EVO springs, adjustable lower control arms, sway bar links, track bar and Bilstein shocks!
20240422131620-618dd521.jpg

20240422131622-6b1b3b0f.jpg

20240422131623-c37565ea.jpg

:cool:
hold on there, I see how you're trying to "cheat" by using the floor jack, floor stands and the lift all in one shot.... where's the hi-lift?
I mean if you're going to use all the different ways to get this done in one swoop, hi-lift?
Prepping you for video comments 😄

benatc1

Hooked
I’ve actually been really happy with the bilstiens. I think they ride really well on road and pretty good off road, they definitely fade as you’d expect, but I beat the shit out of them on the NY run and they are literally no different. I’ll eventually upgrade to a coil over or Ohlins set up but I thought I’d have the desire to do that sooner and I really haven’t had the need. Which is definitely helpful for the wallet lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve actually been really happy with the bilstiens. I think they ride really well on road and pretty good off road, they definitely fade as you’d expect, but I beat the shit out of them on the NY run and they are literally no different. I’ll eventually upgrade to a coil over or Ohlins set up but I thought I’d have the desire to do that sooner and I really haven’t had the need. Which is definitely helpful for the wallet lol.
I'm really glad to hear you say as much. While I have tested Bilsteins before, it was on a JK and assumed it would be the same if not similar on a JL/JT. Eager to test them out (y)

benatc1

Hooked
I'm really glad to hear you say as much. While I have tested Bilsteins before, it was on a JK and assumed it would be the same if not similar on a JL/JT. Eager to test them out (y)
Yea obviously limitations for a mono shock, but for what they are, and cost, I def like them. You may know better but I think they are valved for evo coils too.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Just to backtrack a little bit Eddie, I’m glad your going to test out not using the control arm drop brackets. I have the same lift but 38” tires. I have the drop brackets ready to go but haven’t installed them yet. I kinda think I want to use them just to help with the geometry. I have the upper and lower arms but I’m still having a bit of an issue with the passenger front coil bowing rearward slightly. I’m interested to see if you have any issues with that or not and or how you address that.

Top Bottom