BADLAND 12000lb Winch??

yoyoyeo02

Is it worth the 300 bucks? Also, will it fit in an EVO 1/4 pounder? Anyone have one mounted up? Pics please.

:idontknow:

YoYo

Badland winch has the same footprint as the Smittybuilt and the like so I'm sure it will fit. As far as quality, I will defer to those who have actually used them.

Is it worth the 300 bucks? Also, will it fit in an EVO 1/4 pounder? Anyone have one mounted up? Pics please.

:idontknow:

YoYo

Here are my pennies.

I have a smittybilt xrc 8 winch. It has pulled me out of lots of jambs. I dont do mud. Mostly because i hate cleaning up.

If you arent using the badland winch on a tow truck, it will probably be just fine.

Is it top of the line. Hell no, but you just need to get out of a pinch and it doesnt take a $1500 winch to save your ass.

It will break eventually. Everything does. If it breaks and you have the money upgrade, if not, slap another one on and go about your day. I'm all about function and affordability. I have a hard time dropping a ton of money on something that gets used only a few times a year.

If you wheel every weekend, buy a warn. It really comes down to what is best for you.

Here are my pennies.

I have a smittybilt xrc 8 winch. It has pulled me out of lots of jambs. I dont do mud. Mostly because i hate cleaning up.

If you arent using the badland winch on a tow truck, it will probably be just fine.

Is it top of the line. Hell no, but you just need to get out of a pinch and it doesnt take a $1500 winch to save your ass.

It will break eventually. Everything does. If it breaks and you have the money upgrade, if not, slap another one on and go about your day. I'm all about function and affordability. I have a hard time dropping a ton of money on something that gets used only a few times a year.

If you wheel every weekend, buy a warn. It really comes down to what is best for you.

I like it, i think me and you think very much alike!! Thank you everyone for the input.

I like it, i think me and you think very much alike!! Thank you everyone for the input.

Nobody has mentioned it yet, so I will, lol. I have no knowledge of the HF winches but I have an XRC10. I'm pretty sure it's going to come down to how long either of them will last if you have to do a long pull. The heat generated will flat out cook these motors and leave you stranded if you aren't careful. If I had it to do again I'd walk right past smittybilt, mile marker and the like and go right for a warn.

Just poking fun cause its HF, and usually that gets the " Chinese made junk" response. Also why I sub'd...to get some real world feedback. :thumb:

The only products that get the "Chinese made junk" response on WAL are those that are physically dangerous to the user and those around them....OR those that are of inferior quality while making claims of being "rugged" or "heavy duty" while also charging the same price, if not more, as a high quality made in America product.

Harbor freight is not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. They have cheap Chinese products for cheap Chinese prices. Some of those products are just fine and all you need to get the job done....and some of them are dangerous to use on big heavy JKs without other safety measures in place.

Top Bottom