Backup camera issues

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I've been wrestling with this for weeks now. Backup camera works perfect with stock 430N+navtool bypass but wont work at all with Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX. I've triple and quadruple checked wiring and it all looks good. Thoughts on what I might be missing?

GraniteCrystal

When you say "bypass won't work", what do you mean exactly? It doesn't auto start when put in reverse or you can't manually select the camera when driving forward?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
When you say "bypass won't work", what do you mean exactly? It doesn't auto start when put in reverse or you can't manually select the camera when driving forward?

I didn't say a bypass wont work. I said the camera doesnt work. When I go into reverse I get no picture. Power is good to the camera, tested with my stock unit and checked with multimeter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I didn't say a bypass wont work. I said the camera doesnt work. When I go into reverse I get no picture. Power is good to the camera, tested with my stock unit and checked with multimeter.

Ha, I'm sick (throat thing) so reading comprehension not too good :) I'll leave this to someone in a correct state of mind.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Sorry man, that sucks. This may sound stupid, but is something possibly blocking the camera lens? If not, and the setup works with your stock unit, it must be an issue with your pioneer unit. I would contact their tech support.

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Another thought, have you changed the way the camera is getting power?

No I've thoroughly tested the power, and its good.

So funny deal after posting this I unplugged everything again and replugged - anviljk called me and I shift in reverse and its all working. No idea what the issue or fix was still but it's working... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom