Backcountry Discovery Trail (Plumas National Forest)

locrwln

I have never done it, but thank you for posting it. It looks like a very cool trip to take. I am interested if you decide to put something together.

Jack

TheStick

That would be cool. If there is interest I would be down. It's probably a 3 night trip by the sounds of if.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty cool! I've run portions of those trails but never all of them in one trip. Thanks for posting up the link :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wondering if anyone has done this, and if so where they camped, any advice, etc. I've ran Poker Flat a couple times and would love to do this whole thing. I would probably start in Downieville, and head up through Poker Flat to La Porte that way. Trying to figure out how much time to budget to do it right and find the best places to camp.

Thanks!

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5428383.pdf

I was looking into doing this later this year but it's to far for a three day weekend trip. From what I read it's best in three days two nights.

TheStick

That sounds about right. I was thinking about adding a day for starting in downieville so it's not an in and out for poker flat.

My current timing would be last week in June, just not at a point yet to make it official. If I can I'll post it out there for anyone to join.

JungerJk

I'd also participate in a run. We've been talking about similar FS trail trips for a while, but never stumbled onto this guide. :thumb:

Thanks!

Top Bottom