Back into a jeep

Bigjeep

My previous jeep was a YJ with a 6.0 LS, 4L60E, 231c/j, ford 9” rear with Detroit locker, and a fortified 30 with a lock rite locker, 4.88, LCG lift and 37’s. I enjoyed that jeep a lot and had fun building it years ago.
Now I bought a 2011 JKU with a 6.2, 6L80, 241J, dana 60 and dana 44 both with e lockers. RE 4.5”, 37’s. Long story short, bought it from a guy who promised it was great and built with the best of everything. So far it’s been a nightmare. Had to drive it over 1000 miles home. Worst driving vehicle ever, and I’ve driven junk. 1st discovery- steering box had some room for adjustment. 2nd find- the attachment point for the steering wheel linkage and steering box was really sloppy and loose. Yay, only 980 miles to home. Still drive really bad. Home now- super flex bushings all shot, front seal blown out of transfer case, and lots of smaller issues to address. Good thing I enjoy working on my jeep! Still kinda wish I would have jumped on a plane and flew home instead. Oh well. I saw the potential, and after a couple weeks it’s coming around.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - welcome to WAYALIFE! Sorry to hear you bought yourself a nightmare of a Jeep and hope you can get it fixed up the way you want sooner than later.

Bigjeep

It’s coming together. When I finally get it out of the garage I’ll post a couple pics. It’s going to be fun. Looking forward to getting it dialed
In so it’s fun, instead of stressful to drive

GP NOIR

Hooked
Welcome! The good news is, the more you fix on your newly acquired Jeep, the better it'll get. Ask me how I know!

Top Bottom