Axle shafts for 37's

If someone tells me this is "normal" they can go f off. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24361-Is-RCV-feeding-me-BS&highlight=axle+shaft

You guys are still talking about this...:cheesy:

Did you actually read thru the original thread you linked? The OP says that RCV would not warranty his twisted axles and everyone goes into an uproar, however, on the very last page he admits he wasn't the original purchaser. Does anyone else see a problem with this? One of the most basic principles regarding warranties on anything is that they always only apply to the original purchaser unless otherwise noted!

The other thing that kinda disturbs me is that these axles are for a d30 axle and are 27 spline... Has anyone come forth and claimed the same thing happening to a 35 spline RCV axle used on either a Dana 44 or a prorock 44? If so, I'd love to hear the story.

Hope your "warranty" is there for you when you need it.

I'd probably over look the glaring lack of vendor support if I had already paid money for them too.

Dude. I've heard a lot of good things too, not just bad. I didn't buy RCVs without doing research on them first. Yea...maybe I'm looking for validation a little bit, it's only natural. But have full circles broke before? Yes. Have RCVs failed? Sure. To each their own...I guess...

Since everyone seems to keep on missing it - the glaring difference IS... one costs $400 more. But, to each their own.

Yes. I agree with this of course. If mine fail, I will kick my own ass. Until they do, I will hope my 400 extra investment is a good one. Before reading on WOL about the snapping, I didn't hear of anything negative. So it was a bit of a surprise...can't do anything about it now lol

With all due respect, if you really can't see the differences between a PR60 and a Dana, there's no point I talking to you.

I'm fully aware of the differences. You chose to spend more money on dynatracs because they are a better product, nobody here disputes that. Many here believe the same to be true about rcvs and because of one post from what I gather, which is third hand information in which the poster openly admitted he wasn't the original purchaser, people bag on em. They were on D30's and I've yet to see anyone else come forward, with first hand knowledge, that actually had a set on a Dana or prorock 44 or higher axle assembly and say they have had a problem with them or the warranty.

I appreciate the fact you're trying to save people money... It's very admirable of you to do so. Like you... Some of us just want something better in our jeep

I'm fully aware of the differences. You chose to spend more money on dynatracs because they are a better product, nobody here disputes that. Many here believe the same to be true about rcvs and because of one post from what I gather, which is third hand information in which the poster openly admitted he wasn't the original purchaser, people bag on em. They were on D30's and I've yet to see anyone else come forward, with first hand knowledge, that actually had a set on a Dana or prorock 44 or higher axle assembly and say they have had a problem with them or the warranty.

I appreciate the fact you're trying to save people money... It's very admirable of you to do so. Like you... Some of us just want something better in our jeep

I've got a good friend at an OffRoad shop that makes money selling products. He sells RCVs and he repairs them. Makes plenty of financial sense for him doesn't it?

I've got a good friend at an OffRoad shop that makes money selling products. He sells RCVs and he repairs them. Makes plenty of financial sense for him doesn't it?

I used to sell dodges when the transmissions were junk... I think I can grasp that concept

I'm fully aware of the differences.

I beg to differ. If you really did, you'd know how stupid of a comparison you were making. For one, the price difference you posted was for BOTH front and rear axles. If you were to compare front to front, you'd know they were about the same price. The rear is where the Dana's are cheaper being that they mass produce 60 rear ends but then, Dana quality control is on the cheap side too. But, I digress.

You chose to spend more money on dynatracs because they are a better product, nobody here disputes that.

You're right, they are a BETTER product and one that comes with a WARRANTY that you'll NEVER have to call on. The Dana/Mopar 60 DOESN'T come with shit.

Many here believe the same to be true about rcvs and because of one post from what I gather, which is third hand information in which the poster openly admitted he wasn't the original purchaser, people bag on em.

Sorry pal, I don't need to go off third hand information - I'm going off of what I have personally seen and have experienced. Also, I have NEVER "bagged" on them, I've simply pointed out that for ME, they aren't worth the $400 premium. Clearly, you've been sold on the idea that they're somehow "better" and as I've said before, knock yourself out and BUY THEM ALREADY. NOBODY CARES what you do with your money and your Jeep.

They were on D30's and I've yet to see anyone else come forward, with first hand knowledge, that actually had a set on a Dana or prorock 44 or higher axle assembly and say they have had a problem with them or the warranty.

So believe whatever it is you want to believe. I have no reason, need or desire to make anything up.

If RCV's were truly better like I thought they would be when I bought a set, I'd still be running them on both my JK's. Just because something costs $400 more doesn't make it "better". But hey, what would I know.

I beg to differ. If you really did, you'd know how stupid of a comparison you were making. For one, the price difference you posted was for BOTH front and rear axles. If you were to compare front to front, you'd know they were about the same price. The rear is where the Dana's are cheaper being that they mass produce 60 rear ends but then, Dana quality control is on the cheap side too. But, I digress.

I agree with your statement on the rears... The fronts however are not "about the same price". If you spec out a pr60 with options that are equivalent to the Dana like wall thickness, brake assemblies, outer axle shaft splines and yoke size the dynatrac is $2000 more expensive or more... Thats not even close. All that aside, I would entrust my money with dynatrac well before I would any other manufacturer of axles... I was just trying to make a point which obviously you missed.

You're right, they are a BETTER product and one that comes with a WARRANTY that you'll NEVER have to call on. The Dana/Mopar 60 DOESN'T come with shit.

This is correct.

Sorry pal, I don't need to go off third hand information - I'm going off of what I have personally seen and have experienced. Also, I have NEVER "bagged" on them, I've simply pointed out that for ME, they aren't worth the $400 premium. Clearly, you've been sold on the idea that they're "better" and as I've said before, knock yourself out and BUY THEM ALREADY. NOBODY CARES what you do with your money and your Jeep.

Clearly the way you've spoken to me in the past and now... We aren't pals. Nevertheless all i asked for in the past from you was to share some of that experience and what you've actually seen happen and apparently for whatever reason you feel youre above having to do that with me. I dont know why that is... I'm a pretty open minded and reasonable guy but... Ok.

So believe whatever it is you want to believe. I have no reason, need or desire to make anything up.

I never claimed you were making anything up, just wanted your help

If RCV's were truly better like I thought they would be when I bought a set, I'd still be running them on both my JK's. Just because something costs $400 more doesn't make it "better". But hey, what would I know.

Well obviously you know something and would rather sit and insult me rather then educate me... But hey, what would I know.

Well obviously you know something and would rather sit and insult me rather then educate me... But hey, what would I know.

Dude! Did you read anything in his post? He DID try and educate you, along with anyone else reading this thread. I didn't once read where he insulted you.

Dude! Did you read anything in his post? He DID try and educate you, along with anyone else reading this thread. I didn't once read where he insulted you.

Can you please direct me to the part where Eddie said, I had a set of rcv axles they were on this axle on this jeep we were on this trail and they broke and here's what happenned and when I went to the manufacture to replace them, I spoke with this guy and this is what he said? I don't remember reading anything like that... Maybe I missed that part.

Thats all i was looking for

EDIT, I have nothing against anybody here... So don't take any of this the wrong way. I'm here like everybody else, to get information on my jeep. This has gotten blown way out of proportion over nothing really.

Last edited:
Can you please direct me to the part where Eddie said, I had a set of rcv axles they were on this axle on this jeep we were on this trail and they broke and here's what happenned and when I went to the manufacture to replace them, I spoke with this guy and this is what he said? I don't remember reading anything like that... Maybe I missed that part.

Thats all i was looking for

So you didn't find it! OK move on then. If no one here has been in that exact same scenario, why make a big deal out of it? Some have told you they've had no issues with rcvs and some have said they have. If you're set on buying them, then make the purchase. The experiences here have just said that for the price you pay, rcv doesn't stand behind them when they break. That's all. No sense starting WW3 over an axle purchase.

Top Bottom