Axle shafts for 37's

I also recall saying....

I know that what Eddie says here is gospel, from what I've read so far, I trust that opinion as well.

I'm looking for more than twisted splines, snapping noises and they say its normal... Is there such a thread? Are there others that can chime in with "i had a pr44 with RCV's and they failed because".... I'm not trying to start world war 3... Just want info

what I took from what Eddie was saying, and please correct me of I'm wrong, is that while the RCVs have their issues-like anything, it's more the premium you pay for them compared to a u-joint style that off sets expectations. like why pay that much more for something that is going to fail just as often, from his experience.

You understood exactly what I was saying and no correction is needed here.

I also recall saying....

I'm looking for more than twisted splines, snapping noises and they say its normal... Is there such a thread? Are there others that can chime in with "i had a pr44 with RCV's and they failed because".... I'm not trying to start world war 3... Just want info

You have to be a man of faith to believe in gospel and I could never hope to measure up to the "ridiculous amount" of experience Drew has. I would recommend that you go with whatever it is he's sold you on.

You have to be a man of faith to believe in gospel and I could never hope to measure up to the "ridiculous amount of experience" Drew has. I would recommend that you go with whatever it is he's sold you on.

Wow... I've asked several times now for advice or help from you. The first of which was twelve hours ago regarding spacers and axles in this very thread and you completely ignored me, yet had the time all day long to respond to over 100 other threads until I wrote you another note tonight and because you somehow felt I was challenging you, you responded almost immediately.my intention wasn't to challenge you... I dont, nor have i ever claimed to possess the knowledge thAt yourself or others do which is why I asked specifically for more information. You feel it more appropriate instead to throw my words back in my face as some sort of in your face or whatever instead of just taking the time to help. Message received, thanks Eddie.

Wow... I've asked several times now for advice or help from you. The first of which was twelve hours ago regarding spacers and axles in this very thread and you completely ignored me, yet had the time all day long to respond to over 100 other threads

Well if this doesn't embody the "me, me, me" problem in America I don't know what does.

Wow... I've asked several times now for advice or help from you. The first of which was twelve hours ago regarding spacers and axles in this very thread and you completely ignored me, yet had the time all day long to respond to over 100 other threads until I wrote you another note tonight and because you somehow felt I was challenging you, you responded almost immediately.my intention wasn't to challenge you...

Funny, I just checked my profile to see when was the last time I posted prior to coming back on this thread late last night and it shows that I hadn't been on since 11:22 AM. Not sure how I was able to respond to over 100 threads during that time but clearly, I must have been ignoring you until I somehow felt "challenged" by you.

I dont, nor have i ever claimed to possess the knowledge thAt yourself or others do which is why I asked specifically for more information. You feel it more appropriate instead to throw my words back in my face as some sort of in your face or whatever instead of just taking the time to help. Message received, thanks Eddie.

Never suggested that you do posses any knowledge. You are the one who said "anybody that has dealt with Drew on any level knows that he is a straight shooter with a ridiculous amount of experience" and that you "trust his opinion". All I've been saying is that you should go with what you trust and believe. Not sure why you're having such a hard time with that.

Never suggested that you do posses any knowledge. You are the one who said "anybody that has dealt with Drew on any level knows that he is a straight shooter with a ridiculous amount of experience" and that you "trust his opinion". All I've been saying is that you should go with what you trust and believe. Not sure why you're having such a hard time with that.

The funny thing is that i clearly stated that i trust "BOTH" of your opinions from the start, yet you keep coming back and pointing out the statement above... Was i wrong to have paid Drew a compliment? Did that somehow emasculate you? If it did then I'm sorry, was not my intention.

My goal is to get the facts so that I can make a well informed decision on my purchase. When two people (both of whom have opinions that i trust) share conflicting views the next logical thing is to dive a little deeper and try and figure out why. This is when I asked for more info. I asked you to basically enlighten me or for others to chime in with personal experiences. I asked if there was a thread that maybe i missed and to be pointed in the right direction and rather than do that and try and help me... You instead continuously point out the fact that I complimented Drew and I was told to just buy the RCV's so I'm not sure that I'm the one that has the problem... I think its you.

What i find interesting is that nobody here cares enough to support your claims, not even you... Why is that? I mean Ive read posts of yours where you've been extremely detailed and specific and I had hoped to receive maybe a small fraction of that. Instead posts calling me a pussy and funny memes become commonplace which is intended to be a dig but in actuality are quite comical. Its clear from reading posts that you do in fact help some peeps here which is why i specifically asked you some questions and for you to be more specific. I bought the "sticker", i'm an active poster here that try's to help others... I guess thats not good enough.

Dude... all Eddie said is literally "trust who you want, and buy what you want" ... wtf is the problem? Seems like pretty sound advice to me? :dontknow:

The funny thing is that i clearly stated that i trust "BOTH" of your opinions from the start, yet you keep coming back and pointing out the statement above... Was i wrong to have paid Drew a compliment? Did that somehow emasculate you? If it did then I'm sorry, was not my intention.

My goal is to get the facts so that I can make a well informed decision on my purchase. When two people (both of whom have opinions that i trust) share conflicting views the next logical thing is to dive a little deeper and try and figure out why. This is when I asked for more info. I asked you to basically enlighten me or for others to chime in with personal experiences. I asked if there was a thread that maybe i missed and to be pointed in the right direction and rather than do that and try and help me... You instead continuously point out the fact that I complimented Drew and I was told to just buy the RCV's so I'm not sure that I'm the one that has the problem... I think its you.

What i find interesting is that nobody here cares enough to support your claims, not even you... Why is that? I mean Ive read posts of yours where you've been extremely detailed and specific and I had hoped to receive maybe a small fraction of that. Instead posts calling me a pussy and funny memes become commonplace which is intended to be a dig but in actuality are quite comical. Its clear from reading posts that you do in fact help some peeps here which is why i specifically asked you some questions and for you to be more specific. I bought the "sticker", i'm an active poster here that try's to help others... I guess thats not good enough.

This thread is dead. The vultures however will circle for awhile. I completely understand where you are coming from and your frustration. If I were you I wouldn't waste any more of your time on it. If I have this straight Drew is your build guy and everyone agrees ( including Eddie ) that he has plenty of experience with what you are trying to do. I have RCV's and they work fine for me. I have had chromoly shafts with the solid joints and full clips and they worked fine too. If there is a ready made combo for the set up you want then buy whichever fits with the least amount of extra work. IF you do have a problem or failure in the future it will be easier to fix. Whichever way you go it will be fine and you will love it.

This thread is dead. The vultures however will circle for awhile. I completely understand where you are coming from and your frustration. If I were you I wouldn't waste any more of your time on it. If I have this straight Drew is your build guy and everyone agrees ( including Eddie ) that he has plenty of experience with what you are trying to do. I have RCV's and they work fine for me. I have had chromoly shafts with the solid joints and full clips and they worked fine too. If there is a ready made combo for the set up you want then buy whichever fits with the least amount of extra work. IF you do have a problem or failure in the future it will be easier to fix. Whichever way you go it will be fine and you will love it.

Best response so far:thumb:

I ran into this same issue when building my PR44, being I wanted the 35spline ARB and the unlimited housing I had a selection of two shafts. the G2s and the RCV. I wanted the G2 and that's what Wes and I agreed on initially even though he recommended the RCVs. nearing the end of the build he contacted me with some fitment issues with the G2s and talked me in the the RCVs as they were made for that locker and housing. Now we talked through all the pros and cons for a while on the phone, and while they are likely unnecessary he gave me one hell of a deal on them so the the price was negligible. so far I have been happy, no noises, however haven't beat them to hard yet but hope to in the near future and see what they can handle! on a higher note Trail Jeeps really did an outstanding job with my build and their customer service was top notch, I chose to trust Wes's advice and he hasn't let me down.

OP this is a great example of what I am trying to tell you.

The funny thing is that I never said I cared if you trust my opinion and yet, you keep coming back and pointing out the statement above. Unlike some, I have no need or desire to convince you of ANYTHING. The most I ever hope to do is share what I have personally seen and really, you can take it or leave it. I know Drew personally and I like him a lot. Hell, he even contacted me about getting a job a Off Road Evolution knowing that I am good friends with Mel. If you trust what he's sold you on, you should take it and run.

My goal is to get the facts so that I can make a well informed decision on my purchase. When two people (both of whom have opinions that i trust) share conflicting views the next logical thing is to dive a little deeper and try and figure out why. This is when I asked for more info. I asked you to basically enlighten me or for others to chime in with personal experiences. I asked if there was a thread that maybe i missed and to be pointed in the right direction and rather than do that and try and help me...

IF you really "trusted" me, you wouldn't need me to point you to a thread or in the right direction. You know, that's what "trust" is - having faith in that which you cannot see. Again, I have ZERO interest in convincing you of anything as I really couldn't care less what you ultimately decide to do with your money and your Jeep.

You instead continuously point out the fact that I complimented Drew and I was told to just buy the RCV's so I'm not sure that I'm the one that has the problem... I think its you.

I dunno. If it were me, I would have already bought shafts and called it a day. Seems like the one with a problem here is in fact you :idontknow:

What i find interesting is that nobody here cares enough to support your claims, not even you... Why is that?

That's because I don't need to care. I have no reason to make shit up. I am not in the business of selling you things.

I mean Ive read posts of yours where you've been extremely detailed and specific and I had hoped to receive maybe a small fraction of that. Instead posts calling me a pussy and funny memes become commonplace which is intended to be a dig but in actuality are quite comical. Its clear from reading posts that you do in fact help some peeps here which is why i specifically asked you some questions and for you to be more specific. I bought the "sticker", i'm an active poster here that try's to help others... I guess thats not good enough.

But, I did help. I posted up the fact that I used to run RCV's on my old 2009 JKU. I stated what I have seen. I pointed out that RCV considers these problems to be "NORMAL" and NOT something they will cover under their amazing lifetime warranty. And, I explained for the $400 premium, I just didn't think they were worth it - at least not to me. The fact that you've chosen to ignore ALL of what I've said is not my concern. It seems to me that you've already convinced yourself of what you want to buy and that's great! You should do just that.

You've made your decision to go with the RCV's and you're trying to validate that decision by getting someone on here to agree with you. You've even gone so far to start shit with the owner of the forum. All you have to do is google the shit and you'll find plenty of information to support Eddies point of view.

The funny thing is that I never said I cared if you trust my opinion and yet, you keep coming back and pointing out the statement above. Unlike some, I have no need or desire to convince you of ANYTHING. The most I ever hope to do is share what I have personally seen and really, you can take it or leave it. I know Drew personally and I like him a lot. Hell, he even contacted me about getting a job a Off Road Evolution knowing that I am good friends with Mel. If you trust what he's sold you on, you should take it and run.

IF you really "trusted" me, you wouldn't need me to point you to a thread or in the right direction. You know, that's what "trust" is - having faith in that which you cannot see. Again, I have ZERO interest in convincing you of anything as I really couldn't care less what you ultimately decide to do with your money and your Jeep.

I dunno. If it were me, I would have already bought shafts and called it a day. Seems like the one with a problem here is in fact you :idontknow:

That's because I don't need to care. I have no reason to make shit up. I am not in the business of selling you things.

But, I did help. I posted up the fact that I used to run RCV's on my old 2009 JKU. I stated what I have seen. I pointed out that RCV considers these problems to be "NORMAL" and NOT something they will cover under their amazing lifetime warranty. And, I explained for the $400 premium, I just didn't think they were worth it - at least not to me. The fact that you've chosen to ignore ALL of what I've said is not my concern. It seems to me that you've already convinced yourself of what you want to buy and that's great! You should do just that.

Clearly we are talking in circles and I have better things to do today as I'm sure you do as well... To those of you that actually added some constructive insight, I say thanks

Top Bottom