Axle Housing

tinman.kc

This part number will allow the stock Rubicon Dana 44F Tru-loc electric diff, gears, yoke, axles, brakes, and wheel ends to be re-installed. Some gear work and shimming may be required to restore the original gear pattern, but it should not be difficult to do so. A new crush sleeve, pinion seal and shims should be handy before starting the install. New pinion or carrier bearings are optional.

This housing is set-up for stock geometry (Castor & Pinion angle), Tru-Lok Diff, comes with OEM ball joints installed, and has the 1/2" wall tubes. It is best suited for JK's with less than 3" of lift.

You won't find another housing with this much ground clearance, rigidity, features, and Made in the USA quality.

What's the cost of the housing? Avg # of hours to swap the parts (labor hours)? Thx!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
If you have a Rubicon then you should opt for the Tru-Lok diff version, so you can re-use your stock gears and electric selectable locker. If you're replacing a Dana 30 then I recommend the conventional diff version. We now have 3 good selectable locker choices to offer. The first is the venerable ARB AirLocker. There are countless ARB's in ProRock 44's. The 2 newest choices are the Ox-Locker, and the very latest Eaton E-locker. If you opt for the Eaton unit make sure it is the latest version they just announced with 4 spider gears.

From what I've read the new Eaton E-locker can be used as a replacement for broken Tru-lok in the Rubicon D44 housing. Does that mean if you intend to use this locker in a Dynatrac, you should order the Tru-lok diff version? I have some rubicon axle shafts and rubicon gears that could be used if this is correct.

Brewman

From what I've read the new Eaton E-locker can be used as a replacement for broken Tru-lok in the Rubicon D44 housing. Does that mean if you intend to use this locker in a Dynatrac, you should order the Tru-lok diff version? I have some rubicon axle shafts and rubicon gears that could be used if this is correct.

I have not heard about an Eaton locker that fits the Rubicon housing but its not a bad idea. If Eaton is making a locker for the Rubicon housing then they will have an electric locker for both types of housings Dynatrac makes. The main difference between the two is that the Rubicon housing has a unique carrier bearing diameter and ports for the electric locker connection. Might not be a bad deal for you if you already have some of the parts required for the build.

Top Bottom